Community Teaching & Street Children Support, Antelope Park
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Community Teaching & Street Children Support, Antelope Park

Community volunteer with added extras :)

The whole experience far exceeded my expectations. Whilst I was the oldest volunteer on the project for a while I hugely enjoyed the social aspect of the project and have made life long friends with some of the other volunteers. I have experienced things that I never in my wildest imagination would have thought that I could achieve. I rode a horse for the first time in 40 years following excellent instruction from Ted and during my ride I got up close and personal with giraffes - a life long dream of mine. I cannot describe the feeling when walking with a lion for the first time. I very often lay in bed at night thinking "I cant believe that just happened". The work on community was fulfilling and I really felt that I could make a difference in some of the projects.

In love with Zimbabwe

I had a really great experience volunteering at Antelope Park. I felt like I got the best of 3 worlds. I was able to learn about conservation needs and spend time with the beautiful animals of Africa, commune and help with the locals and find out what wonderful people they are, and lastly I was able to meet volunteers from all over the world and build new friendships and learn from them.

I have no idea what i'm supposed to put here :)

It was the second time I came at Antelope Park and I never could've imagined it being even a greater experience than last year. The volunteers and the staff made me feel so welcome and everything was very well organised. The projects have moved forward a lot which was very heartwarming to see. I enjoyed the new project, the julena school, in particular but the drop-in was also great to relive. I only have positive things to say about Antelope park and African Impact and I can't wait to be back asap!

My overall ratings

Overall my experience was absolutely amazing! I definitely plan to come back soon and continue helping in the community surrounding Antelope Park. It has been extremely rewarding being here and I would come back in a heart beat. I never want to leave. This is my home. This is what I am supposed to be doing and where I am supposed to be.

Amazing experience!

Had such a great couple of weeks in Antelope Park. The park itself is beautiful, and got to see and interact with all the animals even though I was on the community project. Rosa was great, very welcoming, knowledgeable and organised and always ready to help. All of the staff at the park and on projects were really friendly and great to work with, and made my stay a lot of fun. The community projects are very varied, so you get to contribute in lots of different areas. The only downside to this is that if you are only staying for a couple of weeks, like I was, you don't get enough time on each project to really get to know the kids or get to grips with the project until almost the end. Also, a lot of the school projects were closed because of public holidays, so a couple of the days were a little slow. However, the projects themselves and the people running them are great and you always feel like you are contributing to something worthwhile. I would 100% recommend volunteering at Antelope Park, but if I was to do it again I would try and stay for a bit longer and come outside of school holidays. Thank you to all of the staff for making my stay in Zimbabwe such a memorable experience! Can't wait to come back and do it all again :)

Antelope park 2016

My time at antelope park was overall excellent. I spent 8 weeks working in the community and I really began to have a connection with the students, community volunteers and staff. All staff and volunteers were great and made everyone feel comfortable.