Community Teaching & Hands-on Lion Conservation Project
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Community Teaching & Hands-on Lion Conservation Project

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER

I have no words to describe what is Antelope Park and their projects. I`m so glad that there`s still people that want to make difference and want to help everyone who needs it. I`m going to miss their daily smiles and concerning about everything. Sometimes we just need a second to make something last forever. Thank you everyone for making this two weeks be with me wherever I go now. I`ll could never be same person anymore. Big big smile and warm thank you!

Amazing

Cannot describe the experience as good as it truly was. Every moment of both community and lions was absolutely amazing, eery day offering a new and interesting experience. The environment and staff are exceptional.

Amazing 3 months

I was a volunteer at Antelope park in febuari-april 2017. I had so much fun that I decided to come back, this time for 3 months. This place has the ability to change you, for the better. I never expected this when I first came here. Engaging with the community, walking with lions and elephants, riding horses into the sunsets. This place has so much to offer. I am a volunteer on the community and teaching project, and I have loved every second of it. 3 months is nowhere near enough for me and I wish I could stay longer. Seeing the happy faces when you go on a home visit, seeing the progress in the children you work with, there's just no way to describe how happy it made me.

Antelope park for the second time

This has been my second time volunteering at Antelpe park. I stayed for 10 weeks, and it has been the best weeks of my life. Through the community teaching project I have spent most of my time teaching in the local school and also helping building a school in the rural area. During this work I have met people in different situations that I will remember forever. Volunteering at Antelope Park is not only the work you do on the project. A big reason why I have had an amazing stay is the people I met during my stay. Volunteers from around the world that share a lot of the same values as you do, and also the great group of staff that do everything they can to make sure that you have a great experience. During these 10 weeks I have met some amazing people that I'm sure will stay my friends for a long time.

Volunteering experience

During my 2 and a half months in Zimbabwe, I think I got to experience a little bit of everything. I feel like it was the best choice of my life to come here. I met people that I want to be my friends forever and the relations I created with the kids is something I will never forget. Everyone was so nice and helping the community made me feel so good, every day was a happy day in this place!

Beautiful AP

This is my second time joining the community project at Antelope Park. I love the atmosphere, the people and everything about this place. Being back here and seeing people, kids and the different projects from last year has been amazing and once again been filled with memories I will carry with me and not forget.

Great time

I have had 4 nice weeks in Antelope park. I have met a lot of nice people, had a great time at my project and got to know the African culture! My 4 weeks have been going way to fast and i think you never get ready to leave this place..

Community project

I had a great stay at AP this time as well! Got to do a lot of different things and I really enjoyed going to Julena three times to help with the building of the new school. Also enjoyed Special Needs at MK4, it's good to work so close with the kids and get to spend so much time with them. Great fun to see all the staff again as well, can't wait to come back again!

Combined community & lion project

I asked to do community work but was directed to the lion project due to Christmas holidays. In fact there was a very active community project and i was able to switch to a combined project once on site. It was a wonderful two weeks but felt very short to try to combine both. I got to do a little bit of a lot of different things but would have liked to be more engaged in community work.

Community and lion volunteering

An unforgettable experience that not only teaches you about the projects you are on but about the cultures of Zimbabwe and your fellow volunteers. It teaches you about yourself and what more you want from life. You become friends with people in a way you wouldn't think possible and the amazing experience you have makes going home really hard.

4 weeks at Antelope park

My 4 weeks at Antelope park has been amazing. The time has gone by so fast, and I wish i could have stayed longer.
I have been on the teaching project, and we have been on several different schools and pre-schools. This has given me the opportunity to see how the schools and teaching programs work here in Zimbabwe. I got the chance to be a teacher for these amazing kids for four weeks. I have had lessons with math, English and coloring/painting in the pre-school. Once a week we visited a drop-in center in town, and cooked a warm meal for them. It feels so good to come a bit close to the locals in Zimbabwe, and I have met so many happy, loving and grateful people during my stay here.

You get to see many differences, espesially when it comes to standard where the

Community project

Antelope Park is amazing. I spent 3 weeks on the Community Medical Project and I honestly think it was the best 3 weeks of my life. The project I worked on I felt like I was really helping, not just touring. Being on the Community project meant I got to spend a lot of time Gweru, which I thought was incredible. The people of Gweru are so welcoming and friendly, more so than any place I'd visited before. I became really good friends with the nurses who worked in the local clinics and as they began to trust me more I was able to man stations of the clinic by myself, conducting examinations and even assisting with a birth!

But more than just the project it's the people that really make the experience here at Antelope Park. Rosa, the volunteer manager, goes above and beyond around the clock, not only to keep everything running smoothly in an administrative sense but also to make you feel welcome and included. As a result of her hard work, all the volunteers feel so comfortable so quickly, meaning even from day one I always felt like I was surrounded by my friends. Also, the food here is delicious. Thanks to Dax, the head chef, and his accommodating kitchen staff all dietary requirements were catered for and all meals were of an equally high standard. No one here was ever hungry or dissatisfied.

I thought spending 3 weeks in the one place would be too long, but time here moves so quickly, I could have easily doubled the length of my stay and still not have been ready to leave. I can't thank the team at Antelope Park enough for my incredible stay.

An amazing adventure

On the community project iv'e got to learn so much more than I thought I would. It has been very interesting to experience the living situation in Zimbabwe because of the poor condition. To get the chance to work with majestic animals like elephants and lions are truly amazing but when you are on the community you get to see "the real Africa" which I think is worth so much more. I'm so happy that I made the decision to come here, it has been an adventure that is hard to describe, you have to come here yourself to understand it and you wont regret it!

2 weeks on the community project

I was on the community project for two weeks at Antelope Park. It was my second time here at Antelope Park, last year I was on the lion project but this time I wanted to try something different. The community project was amazing and I got to do so many different things, teaching at Julena, a remote school in a rural area was without a doubt my favourite! Interacting with the children, cooking traditional foods when on home visits, helping out at the orphanage, just a few examples of the everyday life on the project. I loved meeting people from around the world and especially the community staff members were so nice and made the whole experience even more fun! I really enjoyed my time here on the project and I really look forward to coming back once more!

Community project review

Returning this year, I knew what to expect but there is always something new. New people, new projects, new experiences. Everyone at Antelope Park is very friendly and they do an amazing job at finding projects that will leave a true impact in the community.

Community experience

Two thumbs up, really want to come back again and help out. Working in community was humbling and rewarding. I became good friends with many of the staff here and kids in the drop-in center/orphanage. I spent a lot of my time in the bar and had a blast drinking with the other volunteers. The people here are absolutely amazing and will be greatly missed.

Trip of a lifetime!

This is my second time to Zimbabwe but first time to Antelope Park. It really has been a trip of a lifetime and has the ability to change how you see the world we live in! I would highly recommend the Community project. Whilst it is heartbreaking to see how some young people live here it is so unbelievably rewarding to see the work that is being done in the local community! I will be back for sure!

Community teaching and lion conservation

A Fabulous experience overall and real privilege to get so close to the animals who are being well cared for and whose future looks brighter because of the conservation efforts being made here at Antelope Park. The community work being done by this team is highly admirable and they are making a real difference to the lives of the children and adults they work with.

Community and hands on lion project

We had an amazing two week stay in Antelope Park, volunteering on the Community and Lion project.
Early starts and long days but it was a once in a lifetime experience. Our community work was a huge reality check, and I have learned so much from that.

Community

Antelope park has been extremely eye-opening. Being able to interact with the locals has made me a lot more open-minded and given me a new perspective on Zimbabwe. I believe the community work being done here helps the locals in many different ways.

Lion and community project

Volunteering at Antelope Park have given me amazing, once in a life time opportunities and memories i will never forget. If I could afford to stay forever I would and i am so excited for a time i am able to return. The program offers activities and opportunities which are not available anywhere else in the world. all of the staff are amazing and make you feel at home straight away. I don't want to leave.

Kids & lions project

I applied for the project Kids & Lions for several reasons. One of them is, as a social work student I wanted to experience other social problems than you get in touch with in developed countries. After the first week of inductions and introduction, starting to get the whole picture of this thing, I found myself burning. I was set on fire of all the motivation and inspiration that evoked from the people and situations surrounding me. I had a chance to use my hands and my heart to build from the ground. I fell in love with the simplicity of life here in Zimbabwe... My only wish before I came here was to at least leave this place with a footprint in my heart that would change my life. Surprisingly, after two months I've found that I don't need to go back to my home country, because this has become my home.
One thing I found very appreciative about this combo project is that you get to involve yourself not just mentally, but also physically. It was relieving to be able to switch from working a lot with your mind, to have days just working with your body. A combination of being close to different people, and also have the chance to be around animals and the nature.
Volunteers come to this place to help out in different situations, but there's an exchange that reflects the words "less is more"...

A warm shower is luxury. A colder shower is okay. Food three times a day is a lot. Laughter with a few minutes duration is a paradise. Far away is close. Dirt is not so dirty. One suitcase of clothes is a whole wardrobe. A stranger is family... A one night sleep on a thin mattress is an anticipated recovery in a warm bed. A few minutes of closure is a hundred hours of joy. Because less is more.

Hakuna matata

It was amazing. if you can, you should do it!!!

Antelope park 2017

My stay here has been amazing. It's my second time here, and I'll diffidently be back. The staff here is friendly and welcoming, and the projects here is very good. We did a lot of different things over the weeks I was here, so it was nice to have a little variation.

Sach's experience

My experience at antelope park was amazing and unforgettable. I participated in the community project and I had the chance to get to know amazing and good people who have nothing but go through life with a smile. I went to schools where they have not even classrooms to teach the children. I visited families where they couldn't afford to pay school fees, couldn't afford paying food or anything else. I have learned so much about those people and will never forget them.