Community Health Project, Antelope Park
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Community Health Project, Antelope Park

Community medical project

Originally somewhat apprehensive about my age though I am fit and healthy. However on arrival was made welcome by all -
staff the project and other volunteers. Never felt out of place. Amazing experience. Learnt about health care in Zimbabwe along with the social conditions in both Mkoba and Gweru. Was given and took all opportunities that were made available to me and ave learnt a lot about Zimbabwe. Have really enjoyed my time here and feel that I may have made small helpful differences at the clinics. Also experienced the drop in for street kids, the bush school, special needs and AET. Enjoyed all the opportunities offered and taken by me. Having been a community nurse in England for several years was particularly interested in the home visits - mostly social in nature of extremely deprived families. Will never forget this experience and would consider returning.

Community and health project

I am a graduate student, following a pre med track in the U.S. Coming to Zimbabwe and being able to have first hand medical experience helped gain an understanding of the clinical aspect here. Although, the environment differs from where I come from, the main aim is still the same, to help those in need. I have been honored to have the people of Zimbabwe trust me as an outsider and work along their side as one of the medical team. I could not have asked for a better stay and experience while being here. The staff and team I worked with at Antelope Park were beyond amazing and made my experience one of a lifetime.

My review

I would like to say that in the information packet or on the information page there should be something that mentions that there is a introduction week. other than that i had an amazing time here and will miss it dearly.

Antelope park

Very good! Loved it Over all it was an amazing stay at antelope park! Everyone was super friendly and welcoming during the stay!
I can highly recommend volunteering on the Community project! It was amazing!

African Impact review

Loved my time in Zim, met some incredible people from volunteers to people in the community. The staff are so supportive and give you the freedom to work how you feel is effective. Highly recommend anyone to come here!

Medical Aide

I meet some incredible people and got to experience living situations and the culture first hand. The people at Antelope Park are very friendly and helpful! I appreciated that we also got a chance to work with the lions, horses and the community.

Review section two

I had a great experience at Antelope Park. I see a lot from the culture and how the people live here in Zimbabwe. I helped a lot of people in the clinic. It is good to see how different the medical situation here is. Before I start with the project I didn't know that all of the volunteers get the animals induction in the first week. I think it is good to explain that part more in the pre-departure papers to make sure that everyone knows that the first week all animals induction is and no community.

African experience at it's best

This is my second African Impact that I have done this year, before this I was in Capetown for a month. I chose this program after the one in Capetown because I wanted to see different things of Africa. Capetown ofcourse is a big city and still has a lot of signs left of apartheid, but after that experience I wanted to experience the more 'real feeling' while also staying hands on in the community. I think that's the best way of really exploring the culture. I chose the health program because I am a medical student and really wanted to see the differences in culture in the medical field here as well. I think I have achieved that and I'm really glad for that. If you show initiative in the clinic you're able to see a lot of different things and indebted as well. Overall, I think I can say these two months in Africa has been one of the best experiences of my life.

Good concepts

I enjoyed all of the people, I have met some amazing people in administration and volunteers. I chose Antelope as it offered a chance to explore volunteering and be able to take a break with different options to explore the county. I had much to learn about the area.