Big 5 Wildlife Research and Youth Empowerment
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Big 5 Wildlife Research and Youth Empowerment

I met friends for life!

I had a great time volunteering with African Impact. I really enjoyed spending time on drives and doing research on the animals. I met a lot of people who I will stay in touch with. Being here for 3 weeks is not enough.

Loved every second

First I was on the photography course for 2 months but then I switched to the combo community and research project for my last month in Africa and I have had a blast I have learned so much about the animals and and so much from the kids and everyone in community I loved being able too help in the eco gardens and teaching the kids I'm definitely going to be sad to leave and I definitely will miss everyone and everything about Africa can't wait to have another opportunity to come back

Rachel Dennison review

African impact exceeded my expectations in all areas. Everything from the accommodation and food to the opportunities that are offered! All staff members make you feel welcome and I can't wait to come back.

Best experience

This was one of the best experience of my life, I've learned so many things! I was introduced in the local community and i spend the last five weeks working with the children of the primary school. I'm gonna miss all of them!

African Impact, I am Forever Grateful

I really didn't know what to expect from my time with African Impact. I have had a yearning to visit this beautiful country for a long time but was not entirely sure why. I knew that I wanted to make a positive contribution and also to be receptive to learning about the land and people here, but I could not have imagined the depth of the experience I have had. My time here has opened and expanded my awareness and my heart and gifted me with an enhanced respect for our global connections and responsibility to care for one another and our environment. The activities were diverse, interactive and engaging and to spend time watching and learning from the incredible wildlife and speaking with the local people as well as the other volunteers has been amazing. The knowledge of the guides and project managers is absolutely phenomenal and is shared with much enthusiasm. I am forever grateful and excited to carry the African Impact message forward. Thank you!

Wonderful experience

It has been a Wonderful experience working with the other volunteers and cooperating with the local communities.
It 's been a pleasure to share our knowledge and to Learn at the same time from the others!

Great experience

African Impact really cares about the impact they are making in the communities and with the volunteers. Whether you are working with the community or with animals and conservation- you are given ample opportunity to contribute, learn, and grow.

Big 5 conservation and youth empowerment

Amazing experience! Would highly recommend this project as you get to experience the animals in the bush alongside the children in the community making it the best way to experience South Africa. I was lucky and saw a wide variety of animals and plan to return to South Africa in the future.

Amazing!

Amazing! A fantastic way to spend my annual leave. Not only did I get to see wonderful wildlife and meet lovely people I got to feel like I was actually helping to make a difference to wildlife conservation and help children to learn. It has also been a massive achievement personally. Thank you African Impact!

A great experience

It's been a pleasure to work for this project focused both on animals and on local people. It was an amazing experience in which I've come into contact with a new culture and learned a lot. I especially liked the 'Sasekile garden' project because thanks to that we can provide jobs and a future for some people. Great experience!

Combo project - Greater Kruger

I was looking for a meaningful way to fill up some free time after graduating and I definitely found that at African Impact.
The experience I had here was amazing and I already want to go back to South Africa to explore it more.
Working with the kids and gardeners during community activities felt very rewarding but also provided me with an unique look into the local way of life here.
I would definitely recommend this project to everyone.

Lorna rocks!

My time at Dumela Lodga was amazing! I even gained weight due to the amazing chefs at Dumela Lodge. But most importantly, I enjoyed my time at the community, especially working at the High School. Thank you Trico and the amazing Lorna for making my time even more amazing!