Big 5 Wildlife Research and Youth Empowerment
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Big 5 Wildlife Research and Youth Empowerment

Loved every second

First I was on the photography course for 2 months but then I switched to the combo community and research project for my last month in Africa and I have had a blast I have learned so much about the animals and and so much from the kids and everyone in community I loved being able too help in the eco gardens and teaching the kids I'm definitely going to be sad to leave and I definitely will miss everyone and everything about Africa can't wait to have another opportunity to come back

Rachel Dennison review

African impact exceeded my expectations in all areas. Everything from the accommodation and food to the opportunities that are offered! All staff members make you feel welcome and I can't wait to come back.

Best experience

This was one of the best experience of my life, I've learned so many things! I was introduced in the local community and i spend the last five weeks working with the children of the primary school. I'm gonna miss all of them!

Big 5 conservation and youth empowerment

Amazing experience! Would highly recommend this project as you get to experience the animals in the bush alongside the children in the community making it the best way to experience South Africa. I was lucky and saw a wide variety of animals and plan to return to South Africa in the future.

Amazing!

Amazing! A fantastic way to spend my annual leave. Not only did I get to see wonderful wildlife and meet lovely people I got to feel like I was actually helping to make a difference to wildlife conservation and help children to learn. It has also been a massive achievement personally. Thank you African Impact!

Lorna rocks!

My time at Dumela Lodga was amazing! I even gained weight due to the amazing chefs at Dumela Lodge. But most importantly, I enjoyed my time at the community, especially working at the High School. Thank you Trico and the amazing Lorna for making my time even more amazing!