Academic Summer Courses in Africa
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Academic Summer Courses in Africa

Livingtone

I cannot pin point a highlight but would have to be the community and the people I have been able t have the privilege of meeting and sharing knowledge with. I have learnt new skills and taught others skills as well which is the most amazing feeling in the world. I have always wanted to come to Africa and now i have and couldn't be happier with how the trip went. I have a strong interest in coming back and volunteering again or even working with the team here in Livingstone or other locations in Africa in the future. I was really happy to be given the opportunity to go out on medical a a result of my nursing background and see hat the communities needs are .

Great stay in Livingstone

I had the greatest time at Livingstone backpackers. The atmosphere at the backpackers in so amazing, all the staff are very welcoming. Thank you Kristen, Jen, Joe and Sander!!

3 weeks in Livingstone

I have had an amazing experience these past few weeks. The team at African Impact have helped me every step of the way and I have never felt confused or over-whelmed during my time here. The support system is great and it really feels like you're joining a family during your volunteer time.

Girl impact

I must admit participating in the Girl Impact project with African Impact was challenging for me, I was completely out of my comfort zone. Surprisingly enough I overcome my initial hesitation and found volunteering in Zambia one of the most rewarding, incredible experiences ever!! The experience was fantastic, I loved every moment!!

Zambia - building 2017

The whole experience was fantastic. I have learnt so much and met some amazing people through the program and mixing with the locals. Livingstone is a really welcoming town and i am glad that my first volunteering experience abroad was here.

Girl impact Zambia

My time in Zambia on the Girl Impact project has been amazing. The opportunity to meet so many inspiring and passionate people both from AI and in the community has made this a priceless experience.

Great way to experience a new culture

I had an amazing time with the Girl Impact Project at African Impact. The workers are passionate and incredibly helpful, as were the volunteers who had been there longer. The work I did with the children was fun and interactive. It was so convenient not having to worry about food during the week and we had plenty of time to do extra 'tourist' activities. Volunteering with African Impact is a great way to travel and see Zambia.

What a ripper

The perfect opportunity to try something new and step out of your comfort zone. I have learnt so much and enjoyed every moment. I really liked how welcoming everyone was and that extra activities were planned for us to all join in on after project and on weekends. We were always kept well informed from things such as the weekly schedule, right down to what is for dinner each night. I learnt so much just from interacting with so many different people throughout the projects and really felt like I was making a difference.

An excellent, educational experience

I am thankful for the once in a lifetime opportunity I had to be immersed into the rich culture of Livingstone, Zambia. With the volunteer coordinators of African Impact, we spent three weeks participating deeply in the life of the community, being rewarded with a true sense of making a difference in return. During my stay my eyes have being opened, and I have been both moved and inspired by the things I saw. Without a doubt would I happily do something like this again.

Lois' review

It is very cool that I can see different animals on game drive. People here are very nice and friendly. Having a lot of fun here.

A life changing and inspiring volunteer experience

Although I got an intensive schedule, from game drives, bush clearing, snare sweep to eco-village, I felt like I was making a positive impact to the animals and the community. I like that I can involve in conservation and the community at the same time.

Zambia African Impact review

Volunteering in Livingstone, Zambia at the Backpackers through African Impact was everything I had hoped it would be. Life at Backpackers was socially satisfying, as I lived amongst of group volunteers from all over the world. Outside of Backpackers, my projects led me to working with Zambian children, an experience that was brand new and eye opening. I admired greatly the dedication of the leaders I worked with too. Joe, Kristin, Sander, and Jen are all invested in what they are doing, their determination is obvious.

Extremely educating and fun. The staff is very supportive. Best experience of my life.

African Impact is great for wildlife conservation and cultural immersion which is great for animals lovers and photographers. I would recommend this to everyone possible and would love to return for a full time volunteer experience.

Educational and an overall amazing experience

As well as enjoying myself and meeting new people, I learned a lot of new things.

Leader

African Impact provided meaningful service options for our students travelling abroad. There was a good mix of cultural activities, informational sessions led by African Impact staff, building projects, and service activities to give our group a good feel of the lives of people in the area and the ongoing needs for development. The excursions including a safari and trip to Victoria Falls were amazing bonuses to the projects themselves.

It was clearly a wonderful experience. Totally worth it

I wanted this trip to happen as a getaway from my routine life. This is a great vacation and game me the break I needed. An experience worth having. Understanding a completely different culture and society. Never felt so better waking up early in the morning just to see the sunrise.

It was amazing

I had the most amazing time of my life. I learned a lot about all the animals. The learning experience was wonderful. All the staff were extremely kind, helpful and fun.

African Impact is definitely making an impact.

Amazing experience! Research and conservation done is extremely helpful. African Impact is doing a great job! All the staff and other volunteers are very friendly, keep it up guys!

One of the best experiences of my life to date!

Everything about this place and my experiences was a 10/10.

Thank you for everything!

This has been the most memorable week of my life. Thank you to all my guides (especially Ange) for answering every question we asked, even if it was for the fifth or tenth time, and thank you for creating such a welcoming environment for all of us. I'll be back!

It's another home for me

It's another home for me.

It was just amazing

It is an amazing place to stay with amazing and enthusiastic staff. The service was excellent. The activities and program were organized well. I learned facts about the big 5 and many other animals which I don't know. The food was good and I got a chance to taste different tastes and local dishes. I loved it.

Outstanding

Although I was anxious before coming here my entire perspective was changed as soon as we got to Dumela. It had an extremely homely and comfortable feel to it. I made so many new friends and know that we're going to remain friends even once we are back in bombay.

I learned the most I have in 10 days

I learned so much about the big 5 wildlife and did a lot of research. The instructors know so much information and shared it with us and I made some really good friends during these ten days.

Amazing

I had a wonderful time these past 10 days and if I had the chance to visit again I would definitely visit again.