Ecuador: Ambato, Quito
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Throughout the year, Academic Year, Trimester, May Term
Qualities required are: dependability for your work assignment, courage for your international living abroad experience and openness to all the new people and experiences you will encounter. Program candidates should be 18 or older and the right "gap year" students are welcome. Some Spanish is helpful although we can and do place beginners.
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Human Rights
- Liberal Arts
- Marketing, Advertising, & PR
- Political Science & Politics
- Public Administration & Government
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Women's Studies
Cost in US$:
We pledge to always provide the most economical internship programs. See our website for latest prices.
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure interview and orientation materials.
* Airport pickup & delivery to your housing upon arrival.
* On site Orientation upon arrival, during days 1 – 2
* 2 weeks of intensive Spanish language classes.
* Central and safe Housing - your own private room while living with a local Ecuadorian family for the duration of your program.
* Internship placement – customized, contracted work assignment, for 4 hours a day/ 5 days a week, in your chosen sector.
* 24/7 support from on-site, local Adelante Abroad staff
* On-going counseling and assistance as needed, from both Ecuador and USA Adelante Abroad staff
Internships are 4 hours per day / 5 days per week unpaid
- Some sectors require experience and/or qualifications, other sectors require no specific prior experience. See website for your internships sector requirements, if any.
This Program is open to
Worldwide, American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Asian, British and Irish Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Job and Internship Network