The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) Sailing Academy
ACT (American College of Thessaloniki) Header Image ACT (American College of Thessaloniki) Header Image

The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) Sailing Academy

Licensed skipper

Overall, sea sailing was a great experience. Definitely not an easy class, but that should not scare you away from taking it! What I mean is this class actually enforces you to know and understand parts of a boat and how to operate one. Therefore, you must actually study the material and come prepared to learn something new in every class. It also involves being physically involved. For instance, when dealing with the sails.

Watch out waters, new sailor in town

I loved taking Sea Sailing while at ACT. Definitely rigorous at first and a lot of memorization. But, once you have the initial information down the rest of the class isn't bad. The class takes place in the evening right at sunset - you get to be on a sailboat in Greece at sunset twice a week. How can you pass that up?!
The teacher, George, is great - very friendly and knowledgeable.

Unforgettable voyage

Even with previous sailing experience, Sea Sailing 101 taught me more than I could have ever imagined. The instructor was knowledgeable, understanding, and fun! After we were competent with the material/activities for the day, we were able to enjoy ourselves and each other. I loved this course and it truly inspired me to continue sailing long into my future!

Sailing at ACT

The ACT sailing course was one I'll never forget. It's so cool to say that I learned how to sail on the Aegean, and now I can use that knowledge anywhere in the world as a certified skipper. The class was much more challenging than originally anticipated, but I did enjoy getting to sail once I got the hang of it.