MFA in Physical Theatre at Accademia dell'Arte
Accademia dell'Arte Header Image Accademia dell'Arte Header Image

MFA in Physical Theatre at Accademia dell'Arte

The Accademia has brought confidence and curiosity back into my work

The Accademia has brought confidence and curiosity back into my work. It has given me new means to explore my creative processes and gotten me to a point where I feel not only ready, but excited to make work. At the Accademia I was able to reopen parts of my body and brain that had closed and shielded themselves, I was able to conquer a creator's block that had been going on for almost a year, and I re-awoke a passion for learning that had been buried by doubt and overstimulation. My body and mind have found new levels of awareness, articulation, a patience.

The Accademia is an incredibly creative and fulfilling experience

The Accademia is an incredibly creative and fulfilling experience. It is a very interesting way to explore the relationship between your voice and your body in an open, artistic place. You will learn so much about yourself, how you want to live, who you want to work with and how to use your body and voice to the fullest potential!

Arezzo is constantly surprising me

Arezzo is constantly surprising me. I lived here for 3 months and every weekend I discovered a new piazza, park, cafe, festival, fair, store, or gelateria. I could never judge this city or make assumptions; it's always new, and yet it quickly feels like home.

The Accademia has given me the space to be honest with myself

The Accademia has given me the space to be honest with myself in terms of my artistic desires, my strengths, my weaknesses, and my intended path. I am much more able to let myself truly give myself what I want and need, not just what I think I should do.

Italian countryside

Arezzo is exactly what you would think of when you think of the Italian countryside. It is hilly but with every step is an amazing view. If you're not into the tourist scene then it is the place for you because you get to experience Italy without the hustle and bustle of other tourists.

-Physical Theatre Fall 2015

The Accademia has taught me that I'm capable of more than I ever realized

The Accademia has taught me that I'm capable of more than I ever realized. I can create so much just out of my own mind. It's taught me that my body is really strong and can move in a million different ways. I've never had to devise a piece of my own before, and I didn't realize that I could have a little idea that could turn into something I can show others with only my voice and my body.

-Physical Theatre Fall 2015

his program will challenge you in the best way

Get ready for the time of your life. ADA is a program that will help you grow both as a performer and as a person. ADA has given me skills, memories, and experiences that I will never forget. It has so much to offer from the location in Arezzo, Italy, to the challenging and vigorous curriculum, to the teachers. Be prepared to use your voice, your body, your imagination, your bravery, your mind and your endurance when creating your art here. This program will challenge you in the best way.

This will help me so much as an artist

I think the biggest thing I will take away from the Accademia is how to start the creative process. Before I would always think about the big picture, but the Accademia has taught me to start small and let the final product grow naturally. I was given so many different methods to begin the devising process and this will help me so much as an artist.

- Fall 2015

The Accademia has fed my inner anarchist in the best way

The Accademia has fed my inner anarchist in the best way. Especially in this political climate, I needed time to rediscover my identity as unrelated to demands placed on me by teachers, universities, and other institutions. It's the perfect transition into being an adult because in Italy there is time and space to find my own rhythm! The independence that faculty allowed us throughout the entire semester was just enough space.

- Spring 2017