Study in Florence with ASA
Academic Studies Abroad Header Image Academic Studies Abroad Header Image

Study in Florence with ASA

Florence 2017

This program was outstanding. I really enjoyed every aspect of it. Our program director was extremely helpful and such a sweetheart. I recommend this program to the city of Florence, Italy to anyone who is thinking of traveling abroad.

ASA is great!!

Absolutely LOVED studying abroad in Florence, Italy. It was such a beautiful city and there was always something to do or see. ASA made the whole process so easy and they were always available to help.

Florence study abroad

Studying abroad in Florence was the best thing I've ever done. Living there for four months immersing myself in the culture and traveling to different countries around Europe was a chance of a lifetime.

Abroad g

My study abroad experience with ASA was great overall, they were very helpful and Chiara was amazing while in Florence. Unfortunately, my housing situation was not the best but it forced me to go out and make friends and do things on my own. It was truly an experience I will never forget.

Awesome

Awesome time studying in Florence. I loved ASA and FUA! It was a great fit for me. The program was very small, about 30 kids. It was easy to get to know everyone your program and be close to your site director if you ever needed anything. They provided great excursions that everyone seemed to enjoy.

ASA Florence

ASA was so helpful while abroad. When I sprained my ankle in Germany our ASA director helped me find what exactly to do and even dealt with all the insurance to make sure I was taken care of. They helped with hard times in classes and made sure our living situations were comfortable and reasonable. Although some might not admit it now, I had a few friends in other programs admit how jealous they were of us in ASA. We had such a close knit family of people while there it truly made Florence feel like home. Amazing overall experience I wouldn't have changed a single thing!

Florence abroad review

Florence university of the arts is an amazing school with so many classes to offer with professors of all kinds of knowledge. Buildings are offered all over Florence giving you the ability to find streets, restaurants, hang out spots all over that you normally would not. Highly recommend this school.

Best decision

Deciding to go abroad was by far the best decision I could've made. ASA was very helpful and had an onsite director named Chiara that made my experience the best it could've been. Chiara is one of the biggest assets to the Florence program by far.

My review

My time in florence was very enjoyable and i had the best time of my life. the site director Chiara was very helpful and very caring towards all of her students. the excursions were great and informative.

Sam's ASA Florence review

I had an absolutely incredible time in Italy. ASA did a great job of giving me all the tools I needed to enjoy Italy to the fullest. The site director, Chiara, was incredibly nice and helpful in everything from help with academics to how to travel around the country to where the best places to eat and hangout were. She even took us on tours and out to dinner. The ASA excursion to Cinque Terre was great - the little towns were beautiful and it was nice to have a planned out trip somewhere. With classes only being Monday through Thursday, I was able to take trips to many different cities in Italy on the weekends, and was able to see all the major cities and landmarks in my month abroad. Overall it was a great experience that I would recommend.

Amazing time!

I had a 10/10 experience abroad. I loved my location, friends, and travel experiences. I cried when I left and cannot wait to return. I would suggest studying abroad to anyone and everyone I meet in college. It truly is a once in a lifetime experience.

Awesome summer

I absolutely loved my summer in Florence Italy. I learned in my classes, but still had time to explore the country because there was no class on Fridays. The food, students, and nightlife were all amazing! The school FUA was very accommodating and helpful, and the teachers were pretty cool. Thanks for an awesome summer ASA!

ASA Florence review

ASA had several trips and activities planned for us throughout the semester. All of which were a great and fun experience! If i had any concerns while abroad I knew that i could turn to ASA for advice. Overall, a great study abroad program that really cares about it's students and wants them to make the most of their experiences.

I Love ASA!

My experience studying abroad in Florence through ASA was amazing. Everyone was so helpful in making me feel comfortable and safe. Chiara (site director) was always reachable and came with me to doctor's appointments when I was sick or injured. The trips that ASA provided to various parts of Italy and attractions in Florence were amazing and helped me get to know the students in my program better. Because ASA was a small program unlike many of the other study abroad groups, I got to know everyone very well which helped combat feelings of homesickness. I'm so grateful to ASA for giving me this life- changing experience.

Outstanding!

Had an absolutely amazing and unforgettable experience! ASA really knows how to accommodate students and it was such a wonderful and close knit program. The excursions as well as the cultural activities were excellent and our site director was better than anyone could have imagined.

Florence study abroad review

I can't say enough good things about my experience with ASA. My time spent abroad was absolutely amazing, and I give a lot of credit to ASA for making my time spent in Florence the best it could be. After speaking with other students who went through different programs, I am sure that ASA is the best choice for anyone. They provide all the info you need, always make you feel safe, provide trips included in your program, and so much more.

Awesome experience

Awesome experience. Would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to travel abroad definitely do it. And ASA made everything simple and efficiency. Felt safe throughout the whole process! FUA Rules!

Experience of a life time

Going to Italy was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I loved being able to travel around Italy and Europe while I was there. My apartment was in a perfect location and my classes were great because they kept me on track for my degree while also allowing me to learn about the local area. Chiara was the best and I knew I could count on her for anything and everything!

Overall ratings

My only issue was health and safety. I did feel safe all the time. However, the healthcare did not give me much security. One of my roommates got a very false diagnosis which made me lose confidence in the health care system provided to us.

My abroad experience

The academics was just enough where I felt like I got a lot out of it, but never felt overloaded. I loved my living situation (I lived with 5 other girls). I always felt safe in the city I was living in as well.

Flo is the way to go!!

Florence was an amazing experience, ASA helped with all aspects of the process & made our abroad experience as good as it could be! They went beyond what other programs do, and made it such an easy transition, and also helped us along the way!

Florence Fall 2015

Studying abroad with ASA was wonderful. All of the administration is so helpful when it comes to questions and our Site Director Chiara was amazing. I always felt like I had people looking out for me.

Florence study abroad

Great program! Loved my site director, Chiara made us feel like we had someone we could go to at anytime. The landlord was great and came over to help us all the time. FUA was a great experience, learned a lot as a photography major. Would recommend this program to others.

Florence Study Abroad FUA

Chiara (our residence director) here in Florence made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. FUA academics were not necessarily challenging. ASA provided us with housing in a great location. Overall great experience!

I had the most amazing summer!

Going abroad with ASA was a great choice! They were very helpful and made it easy for me to get adjusted while abroad. Our on site director was amazing and made us feel at home! ASA has tons of things planned for you while you are there and help you with anything that you need.