Academia Tica Spanish School: Group & Private Classes
Academia Tica Spanish School Header Image Academia Tica Spanish School Header Image

Academia Tica Spanish School: Group & Private Classes

Spanish at Academia Tica

The classes were very good to improve my Spanish since the communication was very active and interesting. There was always a new topic we wanted to talk about. I think this is the best way to learn about a language and culture. There was also a nice atmosphere between teachers and students, which I think is because the school is not so big so it feels like a family atmosphere. Thank you all!

Experience in Costa Rica and Academia Tica

I was in Costa Rica for seven weeks but spent most of my time in Jacó with Academia Tica. It was an experience I will never forget. I was very lucky to meet new friends from all over the world. I'm also glad to have had the opportunity to travel and to know many places in that beautiful country, such as Manuel Antonio, Monteverde, La Fortuna, Tamarindo, Ostional, Montezuma and of course Jacó. The classes were great and the teachers fantastic. They were always very patient and kind, and also made me laugh all the time. The style of teaching there is the best thing I've ever seen in my life. I think now I speak Spanish with more confidence. The school inspired me and I hope to learn more when I return to England. Thank you for everything!

Learning Spanish in Academia Tica

I spent four weeks in Academia Tica and I'm thankful for the good time. I studied a lot with my Spanish course. Homework was an important part for the purpose of remembering everything learned in class. I really liked the methodology and class schedule. The soccer and ping pong games were a hug motivation but the lessons were also very fun, we used to joke a lot. Something I especially liked was that no other languages are used in class unless it is strictly necessary, that definitely helps to improve faster. Teachers and staff were all very kind. As soon as I have some free time I'm sure I'll go visit again.

Great teachers!

My whole experience in general was great. However, I would like to place special emphasis on teachers, especially Mireya and Santiago. There were days when I asked the same thirty times but Mireya was never tired and she always answered kindly, I really appreciated that. Teacher Santiago is a person I won't forget either, the way he taught us to enjoy life is an inspiration for me. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to share my time with amazing people.

Excellent Spanish classes!

I would like to thank Academia Tica for the experience I had. My time there was very fun and I learned a lot of Spanish. I feel that I can understand more than before and mainly I can speak more fluently. I was lucky enough to spend time with competent teachers who always care about their students. I was also fortunate to meet new friends and it was never difficult to speak Spanish with them. My Spanish skills have now improved, I have new friends from all over the world and I will always remember this experience.

• Facilities

Grateful for the experience!

I spent one week in Academia Tica, it's a little time but I've learned a lot. When I first got to Costa Rica I had some problems to communicate in Spanish, but now, thanks to the lessons, it is much easier for me. The whole experience was great and fun, the teachers are excellent. My classmates also made that week an experience I will not forget easily. I even learned to dance a little bit of Latin music and this is incredible because I am the stiffest person in the world! If it were possible, I would have liked to stay longer. I'm very grateful!

Beautiful Costa Rica!

I studied for eight weeks at Academia Tica and I had the most amazing time practicing my favorite language, meeting new people from all over the world and exploring beautiful Costa Rica. The lessons were great and very well organized. There is a lot of speaking involved in the classes. I always enjoyed sitting around a table with people from different cultures and discuss subjects about differences and similarities between those countries. The ticos I met were nice and I think even though Costa Rica has only 4 million inhabitants, it’s really forward striving in a lot of ways. When I left I realized there was still a lot left to see and discover in Costa Rica and I will definitely be back. It wouldn’t have been so great without the nice people I met and the services of the school.

Learning Spanish In Costa Rica

I went to the Coronado campus of Academia Tica for 2 weeks in October. My main instructor was Sandra and I am a beginner in learning Spanish. It was a great two weeks, I learned a lot, and Coronado is a nice town to learn in. I stayed in the student residences which were very nice, clean, excellent wifi, and I would recommend them. I cannot comment personally on the home stays, but 3 other students I talked to who did homestays all really liked their families. Everyone at the school is really friendly and make an effort to help you learn spanish. I also recommend the airport transfer, they were very kind to be waiting for me at the airport despite a several hour delay and refueling stop in Liberia before finally making it to San Jose.