Intern in Shanghai with Absolute Internship
Absolute Internship participants in China Absolute Internship participants in China

Intern in Shanghai with Absolute Internship

I learned a lot

Discovering a new place such as China, new culture, new people made me actually discover myself as a person. I learned to exploit my strengths in my professional career as well as in my personal life.

Amazing

My Internship in Shanghai changed my perspective of the world and people around me: culturally, spiritually and as a young professional.

It was my turning point

I thank my experience with Absolute for everything that I have achieved today. It was my turning point - the most productive and memorable summer. Those 2 months opened my eyes to a whole another world of work which I wasn’t exposed to previously. Not only that, but meeting so many like minded people really motivated me to progress and achieve more. I made many life long friends, I learned to work hard and play hard. It showed me the way and to never stop until I reach my full potential. I still have a long way to go, but I can say for sure Absolute was the start of it all.

More than just an internship abroad

Absolute Internship is more than just an internship abroad. It’s all about seeing the world in a different way, the incredible people you meet, the delicious food you eat, the places you visit and the life skills that you gain.

Yes, you do an internship and you learn a lot from it. You network with professionals and you get to learn job skills that will be useful when you graduate. You step out of your comfort zone, you explore a new culture but you also get to know other cultures as the students that are part of the program are from all around the world. It’s a fantastic program for a college student that want to learn more about yourself, meet other students and develop skills that will prepare you for a job after graduation.

It was an amazing summer

The best part about Absolute is the community that the program fosters during you time in China. The staff is incredibly resourceful, supportive and very helpful. The other students that are part of the program are also amazing and fun to be around while you explore the city together. Everyone was so friendly and Absolute placed me with a great internship in a PR agency. I major in communication so that was an excellent match and I really enjoyed my internship experience. The most memorable part of the summer was the people that I met through the program. Absolute does a great job in selecting students for the program and we had people from all around the world. It was an amazing summer.

Incredible summer experience

Absolute Internship was an incredible summer experience in Shanghai and I had the greatest moments of my college time on this program. It was a real eye-opening experience which allowed me to see China with a different pair of eyes. I also learned a lot through my company and internship. The program offers regular events and trips that are all included in the program each week, which helps you to make friends through the program. I would highly recommend Absolute to anyone that is thinking about going to China for an internship!

Loved it!

I would recommend this program to any student that is interested in China and has a passion to explore Asia. The summer and the four weeks I spent in Shanghai opened up my eyes and inspired me to work abroad in the future. You meet so many students from all around the world that take part of Absolute which fosters an incredible community, so you never feel alone while being so far away from home. I was tremendously challenged through my internship placement and visited places in Shanghai and outside of the city, that I never heard of. I made the most amazing, lifelong friends through the program and loved it.

Absolute Internship is an amazing program

Absolute Internship is an amazing program and made me see the world from a completely different perspective. Comparing Shanghai and China to Sweden added a lot of knowledge to me and I learned a lot about the Chinese culture while living in China over the summer. It broke many of the “normal” stereotypes that I had about Asia before going there. The city is so developed with an amazing subway system, you can find all types of international food and people are incredibly open minded and curious about you. The city never sleeps and there’s always something to do. Being far away from your home country and exploring a new culture and country was a fairy-tale feeling and I had an amazing summer that I won’t forget. I highly recommend going to China and see for yourself! You won’t regret it!!

A great experience for the summer

Absolute Internship was a great experience for the summer. Within the program, I met other interns from around the world. Absolute Internship had provided different activities during the weekdays and weekends, and interns had also planned on what the group should do, so it was a good way to get together. The internship in Shanghai, I learned a lot about the business model and what other companies had to say about their business model and their history behind their brand, which was part of the brand training seminars. I also had to do a project presentation, interview, a study report, and other tasks that were beneficial and connecting it back to the business model. Overall, I did enjoy it and I found that the interview and project presentation was a valuable opportunity to have that time spent learning about the field that I am pursuing to go into.

Made me learn to adapt

My trip to Shanghai with Absolute Internship encouraged me to reach out into the unknown world and find out who I am. Exploring Shanghai and the Chinese culture forced me to be more adventurous. I found myself embracing a new way of living. Whether I was roaming the markets or at the office, I learned to adapt to challenging situations and conflicts between cultural differences. My internship in Shanghai gave me insight into the works of a start-up and the hard work it takes to get it off the ground. It’s incredible what a month or two in a foreign country, with a bunch of strangers from around the world, will do to you.

An experience of a lifetime!

Last summer I had the opportunity to work at Stepping Stones China, a non-profit organization, in Shanghai, China! I got the chance to teach English to migrant students at two different locations throughout the month and get experience in creating lesson plans. In addition to having an amazing internship that allowed me to work directly with the community, I got to meet amazing individuals from all over the world who were also participating in Absolute Internship. I’ve never grown so close to a group of people in such a short amount of time. This is definitely an experience of a lifetime and catches employers attention when they see it on your résumè!