Barcelona,Spain : Spanish Summer Immersion for HS Students

Barcelona,Spain : Spanish Summer Immersion for HS Students

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

My son's experience in Barcelona with Abbey Road

My son Charlie did the Abbey Road program in Barcelona last summer right after he turned 17. He did not know anyone on the trip before he left. Charlie had a very positive experience. He made a lot of friends with whom he has kept in touch and the trip was well organized. To me, they had the right mix of freedom and supervision. My husband and I actually visited for one night while we were in Spain and we saw the lobby of the apartments, which were in a safe area and clean – while nothing fancy, they were more than fine for Charlie. He found the Spanish class challenging, and for his elective he did sports, which was great for him as he got in shape for soccer before the fall.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

Barcelona summer 2017

Abbey Road was fantastic! The staff was great and went out of their way on many occasions. My Spanish teacher Alicia was one of the best Spanish teachers I ever had. I came back from Barcelona feeling confident in my ability to hold long conversations.

I loved that we were in a classroom one hour and the rest of the morning the class was out experiencing and learning in a Spanish environment. The dorm was very nice and we enjoyed hanging by the rooftop pool. The food was amazing. We went to a large variety of restaurants and I was able to try a lot of new foods. Overall, the program exceeded my expectations!