Volunteer San Jose Costa Rica Orphanage Care Program
A Broader View Volunteers Corp participants A Broader View Volunteers Corp participants

Volunteer San Jose Costa Rica Orphanage Care Program

Lovely Orphanage in Costa Rica

My experience volunteering was extremely positive and I had a wonderful time at the children’s orphanage. The staff I met were friendly and willing to help. My language immersion was a great experience and I learned a lot very quickly which was a huge help in navigating Costa Rica. My host family went above and beyond to assist me throughout my program and I am so grateful for all they did. Overall I was extremely pleased with my program and felt very supported throughout.
The most positive experience during my program was the rewards of volunteering and the feeling of being able to give back whilst simultaneously becoming immersed in a foreign country and experiencing all that Costa Rica has to offer.
Be to be prepared to be out of your comfort zone. The best experiences I had in my program were the ones that I had never experienced anything like before and was not afraid to get involved in. Definitely take initiative throughout your program, although you are in a foreign environment be proactive in making your program the best it can be so you don’t have any regrets.