- Computer Training
- Grassroots Organization
- Public Health
- Senior Citizens
- Social Work
- Street Children
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
American, European, Canadian, Australian, South African, Kiwi, Worldwide and Asian Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
Accommodation: Host Families
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
Arrival: Airport meet and greet by ABV Staff
Orientation: Project Overview and Quito Orientation
Support: Pre-trip written guide, In-country ABV staff available 24/7
Departure: ABV Staff Escorted Airport Transfer
* PROACTIVE Jump in and maintain a positive attitude.
* PATIENT Life in your host country moves slower than one might be used to. Relax and enjoy the slow pace. Remember, not everything is as organized and predictable as life in the US or UK.
* FLEXIBLE Plans change, roads get flooded, and electricity goes out. Realize that not everything goes as planned, but good intention is always there.
* CONSIDERATE Respect those around you and be a reliable worker at the program site. Tell your host family if you will be late. Advise the Project Coordinator if you are sick and can not work.
* RESPECTFUL Remember that the local people you are working with, side by side, do so with little or no salary. They do this work because they believe in it. There are times when you may not agree with or understand the organizations decisions or direction. Although your suggestions are always welcome, your faith, respect and consideration for their long term work and commitment is appreciated.
* FRIENDLY In order to truly help someone you must get to know them. Do not be afraid to make friends with the local people. Smile, wave and see how fast you are welcomed into the community.
* TOLERANT The food, the culture, the smells and the sounds will be unfamiliar to you at first. We recommend that you dive in and experience life head-on. You will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt.
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Online Application