- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Year round programs
Australian, Canadian, European, American, Asian, Worldwide, Kiwi and South African Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Pick-up from Jaipur Airport
* Traditional Indian welcome on reaching the ABV house or host family
* A detailed orientation about India, ABV projects, facts about India, cultural responsibility and things to remember in India
* Accommodation with local host family or in shared volunteer house. Expect shared rooms (double/triple accommodations)
* All meals (Authentic Indian meals) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
* Project visit with supervisor
* Resource materials to use on project
* Weekly market visit to shop for your necessities
* One party & dinner out to experience the new India
* Sessions on India about the India in reality v/s India in news
* Airport drop at Jaipur airport
* Emergency support
- Group living
* PROACTIVE Jump in and maintain a positive attitude.
* PATIENT Life in your host country moves slower than one might be used to. Relax and enjoy the slow pace. Remember, not everything is as organized and predictable as life in the US or UK.
* FLEXIBLE Plans change, roads get flooded, and electricity goes out. Realize that not everything goes as planned, but good intention is always there.
* CONSIDERATE Respect those around you and be a reliable worker at the program site. Tell your host family if you will be late. Advise the Project Coordinator if you are sick and can not work.
* RESPECTFUL Remember that the local people you are working with, side by side, do so with little or no salary. They do this work because they believe in it. There are times when you may not agree with or understand the organizations decisions or direction. Although your suggestions are always welcome, your faith, respect and consideration for their long term work and commitment is appreciated.
* FRIENDLY In order to truly help someone you must get to know them. Do not be afraid to make friends with the local people. Smile, wave and see how fast you are welcomed into the community.
* TOLERANT The food, the culture, the smells and the sounds will be unfamiliar to you at first. We recommend that you dive in and experience life head-on. You will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt.
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Online Application