- Building & Construction Projects
- English Teaching
- Social Work
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Check our Website for dates
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Pre-departure Orientation Guide. Includes detailed travel, safety & cultural information and many tips that will make your trip planning easier.
- Detailed Fundraising Guide that will help you raise the funds needed to travel, as well as provide donations to the project. Ask us about a Widget
- Accommodations: Home stay, shared volunteer residence, guesthouses. Safe, clean, comfortable local housing, inspected by our local coordinators.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Special meals at request.
- Airport meet and greet by our ABV project coordinator (At any time, any day!)
- First night hotel accommodation *some programs
- Guidance and support of a local project coordinator, 24/7 in case of emergency
- Orientation/city briefing on arrival by our ABV project coordinator.
- Placement in a quality project, allowing you to maximize your time and efforts in a good cause.
- Transportation to project site with our ABV project coordinator. Includes introduction to local staff and community members with whom you will be working with.
- Volunteer Program: Half day (4 hours only) Spanish refresher Lesson. Part of volunteer orientation on arrival. (*Some countries)
- Departure transfer by our ABV project coordinator.
- A Feedback page on our ABV website with pictures of your trip.
- The Presidents Volunteer Service Award lapel pin (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
- Personalized Presidents Volunteer Service Award certificate of achievement.
- Letter of completion from A Broader View Volunteers Corp
- By request, A Letter of Recommendation provided by the local organization detailing the activities developed by the volunteer during his or her stay.
- Language and Immersion Programs: include 20 hours a week of Spanish Lessons. Refer to the specific country/city page for more details and cost (this is not included in the general volunteer program). Make sure we offer this program in that country.
Location: Bebedero of Escazu, San Jose Costa Rica
This is a tiny school located in the mountains of Escazu. It is an elementary school, which means that the children's ages range from 6 - 12 years old. The natural beauty because of its location can be easily seen from the stunning views of Escazu and San Jose city. This is a good place for creative volunteers because the staff is completely open to volunteers creating their own curriculum and activities to be taught to the children.
Volunteer tasks include teaching English, reading story books, creating fun educational games, accompanying the children during possible field trips and helping the local staff in any means possible. Teaching experience is not necessary, but a pro-active spirit is required. Some of the activities you will be asked to participate in: Help at the cafeteria at lunchtime, Play with the children during their break times.