- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Organic Farming
- Small Business Development
- Tree Planting
- Water Projects
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Customized Flexible Start Dates
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Airport arrival transfer in Hanoi.
- Orientation and project briefing with the local ABV staff.
- Accommodation in a shared volunteer residence with Hanoi, or at the wildlife refugee center.
- Three meals per day included either at the project or the volunteer residence.
- 24/7hr support from ABV Project Director.
- Departure transfer at the end of the program to Hanoi.
- English speaking volunteer assistants are provided at all projects.
- Group living
- Proactive: Jump in and maintain a positive attitude.
- Patient: Life in your host country moves slower than one might be used to. Relax and enjoy the slow pace. Remember, not everything is as organized and predictable as life in the US or UK.
- Flexible: Plans change, roads get flooded, and electricity goes out. Realize that not everything goes as planned, but good intention is always there.
- Considerate: Respect those around you and be a reliable worker at the program site. Tell your host family if you will be late. Advise the Project Coordinator if you are sick and can not work.
- Respectful: Remember that the local people you are working with, side by side, do so with little or no salary. They do this work because they believe in it. There are times when you may not agree with or understand the organizations decisions or direction. Although your suggestions are always welcome, your faith, respect and consideration for their long term work and commitment is appreciated.
- Friendly: In order to truly help someone you must get to know them. Do not be afraid to make friends with the local people. Smile, wave and see how fast you are welcomed into the community.
- Tolerant: The food, the culture, the smells and the sounds will be unfamiliar to you at first. We recommend that you dive in and experience life head-on. You will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt.
- Online Application
- Written Application