- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Health Care
- Social Work
- Street Children
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
Check our Website for dates
American, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Pre-departure Orientation Guide. Includes detailed travel, safety and cultural information and many tips that will make your trip planning easier.
- Detailed Fundraising Guide that will help you raise the funds needed to travel, as well as provide donations to the project. Ask us about a Widget
- Accommodations: Home stay, shared volunteer residence, guesthouses. Safe, clean, comfortable local housing, inspected by our local coordinators.
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. Special meals at request.
- Airport meet and greet by our ABV project coordinator (At any time, any day!)
- First night hotel accommodation *some programs
- Guidance and support of a local project coordinator, 24/7 in case of emergency
- Orientation/city briefing on arrival by our ABV project coordinator.
- Placement in a quality project, allowing you to maximize your time and efforts in a good cause.
- Transportation to project site with our ABV project coordinator. Includes introduction to local staff and community members with whom you will be working with.
- Volunteer Program: Half day (4 hours only) Spanish refresher Lesson. Part of volunteer orientation on arrival. (*Some countries)
- Departure transfer by our ABV project coordinator.
- A Feedback page on our ABV website with pictures of your trip.
- The Presidents Volunteer Service Award lapel pin (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
- Personalized Presidents Volunteer Service Award certificate of achievement.
- Letter of completion from A Broader View Volunteers Corp -- By request, A Letter of Recommendation provided by the local organization detailing the activities developed by the volunteer during his or her stay.
- Language and Immersion Programs: include 20 hours a week of Spanish Lessons. Refer to the specific country/city page for more details and cost (this is not included in the general volunteer program). Make sure we offer this program in that country.
- Proactive: Jump in and maintain a positive attitude.
- Patient: Life in your host country moves slower than one might be used to. Relax and enjoy the slow pace. Remember, not everything is as organized and predictable as life in the US or UK.
- Flexible: Plans change, roads get flooded, and electricity goes out. Realize that not everything goes as planned, but good intention is always there.
- Considerate: Respect those around you and be a reliable worker at the program site. Tell your host family if you will be late. Advise the Project Coordinator if you are sick and can not work.
- Respectful: Remember that the local people you are working with, side by side, do so with little or no salary. They do this work because they believe in it. There are times when you may not agree with or understand the organizations decisions or direction. Although your suggestions are always welcome, your faith, respect and consideration for their long term work and commitment is appreciated.
- Friendly: In order to truly help someone you must get to know them. Do not be afraid to make friends with the local people. Smile, wave and see how fast you are welcomed into the community.
- Tolerant: The food, the culture, the smells and the sounds will be unfamiliar to you at first. We recommend that you dive in and experience life head-on. You will be surprised at how quickly you will adapt.
- Written Application