India Udaipur: Orphanage Program
A Broader View Volunteers Corp participants A Broader View Volunteers Corp participants

India Udaipur: Orphanage Program

You can do so much

I loved my experience in India Jaipur. Some little culture things were frustrating and some other things were extraordinary. There is a mentality of “that’s just India”, but thing can change for the better if the adults could open their minds to the possibilities. Although there are not many resources, volunteers can do and bring so much. Every person has a talent that they can bring to the table, but that can only happen if there is organization and adults who desire to better the project one volunteer at a time with a broader view I did find this balance. The children at the program are beautiful and I wish I could give them the world, but they taught me that unconditional love is the best thing a person could ever give them.
Some tips I can give for other volunteers: Don’t have expectations. 10 minutes really means 45. Having an Indian sim card is great if you don’t have an international plan. Be patient with everyone and yourself.