The Blakemore Foundation awards scholarships for advanced Japanese, Chinese, Korean language study, as well as for advanced study of selected Southeast Asian languages. We also make grants to improve the understanding of East Asian art in the United States.Criteria:
To be eligible for a Blakemore Freeman Fellowship, an applicant must:
* Be pursuing a professional, business, technical or academic career that involves the regular use of a modern East or Southeast Asian language
* Have a college undergraduate degree
* Be at or near an advanced level in the language as defined in the grant guidelines (Minimum requirement is 3 years of study of the language at college level or equivalent fluency)
* Able to devote oneself exclusively to full-time intensive language study during the term of the grant. Grants are not made for part-time study or research.
* Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United StatesAcademic Level:
Fields of Study