Youth International Header Image Youth International Header Image

Youth International - South America

Life Changing

I participated in Youth International's South America Volunteer trip directly after I graduated from high school. My fellow participants were mostly around my age, 18-24, and were from parts of the USA, Canada, and Europe. It is because of Youth International that I fell in love with the world, learned to work with every type of person, and developed a compassion for disadvantaged communities. Although I have studied, worked, and volunteered with many other programs, Youth International was the most profound. I am still best friends with some of the participants and I have visited them and other travelers I met during the program all over the world. I will always recommend people to participate with Youth International. If you have never stepped foot out of your country or are an experienced traveller, it makes no difference. You will love your months with Youth Internationals and leave wishing you could stay.

A great opportunity for experiential learning and travel

Youth International semesters focus on learning by doing. You will live with local families, help out in communities by doing volunteer work, improve your Spanish, and also have time for seeing major sites like Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands. You travel using local transportation, with a backpack on your back, so it can be pretty rugged at times. You will be traveling in a small group of like-minded people your age (18 to 25), with 2 experienced leaders. Chances are, you will make lifelong friends, and you will never see the world the same way again!