Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image

XploreAsia TESOL / TEFL in Thailand - Hua Hin

What a good Thai-m

Xplore Asia has been wonderful. Moving to a different country has been made significantly easier. The staff members are super friendly and are always available for any questions and to assist where they can. The course was made fun and interesting by a very talented teacher and the cultural excursions are absolutely amazing.

The month spent with Xplore Asia has definitely changed my life due to all the amazing people you meet and the new friendships

Exceptional

Xplore Asia does everything they can possibly do to aid you in transition to a new country and in preparation for your placement. Although a large part of the assimilation is up to you and your own attitudes, expectations, etc., Xplore Asia really does go in depth to inform you of your new culture and how to handle it. I am in my first week of my placement, still settling in, but confident that it won't take long for things to feel normal. They are with you in your first steps and remain there as your support when needed. I would reccomend them to anyone considering international travel, teaching, and/or volunteering.

• Academic Support

Having a support group in an unknown country - Best decision I have made!

Swallowing the anxious pit in my stomach and diving into the unknown, has without a doubt, been the best decision I have made yet. Couldn't have asked for a better program, team to be placed with (red or dead) for a month and previous teachers to gather advice from.

Even after I have finished my tefl and settled into my new city. A few of us from the same agency ran into a minor problem, after speaking to the placement team for advice, the placement team intervened on our behalf and the issue was sorted out immediately - something we definitely would not have been able to do on our own accord. Very thankful to know we can always contact XploreAsia staff for help and at any time. You have all been incredibly supportive. A massive comfort to know we are never alone if we need to reach out!

Explore with XploreAsia

Where do I start? My month with XploreAsia was easily one of the best of my life. At the risk of sounding cliché, they really did play a major role in changing my outlook and helped pave the way for a more positive and open-minded person. I cannot thank the entire team for their contribution; their guidance and advice are so priceless when you step into an entire new culture with virtually no solid knowledge about your newfound home. The team takes an honest approach to helping you adjust and you’ll hear the most amazing stories and experiences. Google can only get you so far, real life experiences are what will help you learn and prepare for the culture shock you’re inevitably going to go through. Coincidently, I am sitting at my desk in Trang as I type this out after I just had my first squatty potty experience roughly 3 minutes ago and I cannot stop laughing at myself. I felt like I was in a scene of Mr. Bean, I had no idea what I was supposed to do, but I can honestly say that I have never been this happy and carefree.

Although there is technically a customer-client relationship between yourself and the team at XploreAsia, it did not feel like that at any stage. It felt like they genuinely cared for every single one of us and they really did. They’ve all been there and want to share their gained wisdom with you, they want you to get the most out of your time in the Land of Smiles and they want to make you the best possible teacher you can be. They get the balance between being professional as well as warm and friendly so perfectly right and set an example that you can take forward and use as a model for your own teaching life.

What this experience gives you most though is new friendships with likeminded people. You will form bonds with your instructors, the placement team and of course your incredible program coordinator and the amazing people within your group. These are all people who were not happy with their mundane lives back home (or simply wanted a change) and took the bravest plunge of leaving the comforts of their friends and family. These are the people you will meet, who will see the good in you that you may have forgotten yourself and that perhaps some of your own friends back home neglected to remind you of. It also means you have a couch to crash on when you travel around the country, which is great too!

In summary, I cannot recommend a company more than XploreAsia. From the orientation week, to the preparation and support during your TESOL course, to the smooth placement process and after placement support, they’re there for you and want to help you.

If you’re reading this and still undecided about leaving your safe haven; do it! If we were meant to stay in one place, we would have been born with roots and not feet. I have been here for two months now and have so many stories already; I just needed to step outside my proverbial comfort zone. If you need any advice or questions, feel free to email me at enricodasilva@rocketmail.com at any time.

Finding a family in a town called Hua Hin

The month I spent in Hua Hin with Xplore Asia is undoubtedly one of the greatest experiences in my 25 years of existence. I was part of the October 2016 intake, and a member of the infamous Red Team. We were like Marmite - you either loved us or hated us.

Our team clicked from the get go, and our experience was made even richer by the wonderful Varnessa, who was assigned as our Programme Coordinator. Varnessa ensured that life in Hua Hin was fun, enjoyable and felt like home. She organised excursions such as temple visits and temple treks, ensured we all kept to the schedule and was always there for a chat if culture shock or home sickness set in.

We were very fortunate to have the fantastic Teacher Paul as our TESOL instructor. Paul is the nicest, most clean cut and above board guy you could ever imagine. The way he delivered the course content made it easy to understand and he would always reply back to queries or questions sent via email... sometimes up to 1am in the morning.

Last but not least I'd like to thank Michael and Jon of Xplore Asia, both of these guys have earned their stripes in this wonderful country and are very knowledgeable when it comes to the local culture. They have shared experiences and knowledge with me and my team that I doubt would be provided elsewhere.

I can't thank Xplore Asia enough for helping me adapt to Thailand, and fully preparing me for the life that I am now living. If you are considering coming to teach in Thailand via Xplore Asia, STOP thinking about it- just DO IT. Book your TESOL, save some money and hand in your notice at work... I promise you will not look back.

• Academic Support

" A helping hand in a crazy adventure"

I came into Thailand uncertain of what I was getting myself into. XploreAsia made my transition into Thailand as smooth as possible. Within the first week in Thailand they had me feeding elephants, cooking Pad Thai and gaining some new muay thai skills. Besides the fun excursions, they prepared me for the most hectic day of my life AKA the first day of school! The TESOL course was tough and time consuming; however, I could not be more prepared for the unknown.

I was recently just confused about Visa paperwork. On the same day of contacting XploreAsia about my confusion they called me to try and figure out the best solution! I know that if have a question about ANYTHING XploreAisa will be there to answer my question or take the time to find an answer… and trust me when you are in Thailand you will have plenty of unanswered questions.

I signed up for XploreAsia to experience an adventure and an adventure is what I received!!

• Academic Support

Take the leap, you won't regret it

XploreAsia went above and beyond from the very beginning of the process and still provides invaluable assistance after I have been placed in a teaching position. I knew very little about Thailand and had never visited when I got on the plane from Pennsylvania to come live and work here. The experience and knowledge that XploreAsia provides is unparalleled. The cultural orientation week that takes place the first week participants arrive is packed with fun activities that are both an informational and bonding experience. You truly get an authentic experience of Thailand, rather than one that leans towards tourism. You get to experience this wonderfully unique country in a way that is personal and fulfilling. We played with rescued dogs, meditated with a Buddhist monk, and fed elephants that had been used for commercial means and now live in a sanctuary. All of this and more was just the first week! You have the opportunity to make close-knit friendships with individuals from all over.

The TESOL course and Thai language lessons prepared me to teach in such an in-depth and hands on manner that far exceeded my expectations. I was beyond nervous and wracked with self-doubt that I would not succeed as an English teacher in such a new and foreign place. XploreAsia helped to diminish this doubt and replace it with an overwhelming sense of self-confidence in my ability to walk into any classroom and turn it into an environment that is fun, safe, and educationally constructive for my students. If you have any fear or doubt about teaching do not in any way let it hold you back. Let yourself be scared, take the leap into the unknown and watch yourself grow exponentially from the experience.

XploreAsia does not simply place you in a teaching position and then leave you high and dry on your own. They provide consistent support in your transition to your new town and job. Whether you need help with your teaching, visas, or medical conditions XploreAsia is on the ball and every staff member genuinely seems happy to help. I have arthritis and need to have needles sent from the U.S. every month, with international shipping and customs this can be quite a hassle. XploreAsia has helped me to resolve any issues I came across regarding my medicine and has definitely helped reduce more than one headache in the process. This organization truly cares about participants on an individual level and has the expertise and experience to mold individually into incredibly capable teachers.

I have been in my teaching position in Pranburi for about a month now and am so unbelievably thrilled and surprised that life can be this rewarding and exciting. It's true what people say: if you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life. I love going to work and spending everyday with my crazy, smiling students. Watching a student's confusion dissolve and hearing them speak English while enjoying it makes every second of lesson planning worthwhile. I teach 25 hours a week and have more than enough free time to explore this invigorating country.

If you're considering jumping into the glorious unknown that is Thailand, do it. At the end of the day the only thing standing in your way is yourself.

Life changing!!

My experience with XploreAsia was everything I expected and more! I met the best people on the course and the most incredible excursions! The TESOL course was professional, will prepare you for teaching and is fun and interesting. Will highly recommend this course to anyone! They will guide you and support you through this amazing, scary, thrilling, life changing adventure even when the course is finished.

10/10 for XploreAsia!

XploreAsia was top notch in professionalism, preparation, and fun when it came to getting TESOL certified in Thailand! Even though our group was pretty big, I still felt like they took the time to individually check on us throughout the entire course. We met with the placement team every week before getting a job and they were easily available/reachable whenever we had any questions! Orientation week was so much fun (my favorite was meditating with a Buddhist monk) and our group became so close throughout the course! I also loved learning about Thai politics, government, and culture with XploreAsia, which I think has made the difference in adjusting to a new culture in the schools. We also had some Thai language classes which have been a life saver...learn your numbers first!! Before coming to Thailand I had zero friends, and now I have friends teaching all over Thailand! If I could do it all over again, I would go through XploreAsia. They were FABULOUS!!

Overwhelming gratitude for the XploreAsia Team

Trekking across the globe on your own can be quite an intimidating process. But here I sit, from the comfort of my new home in Thailand, to say that YOU can make this journey possible, and especially with XploreAsia on your side! Though I didn't receive my TESOL Certification through XploreAsia, I participated in their "placement only" week. This is a great option for those who have already completed their teaching requirements, but still feel a bit uneasy with the thoughts of hopping off a plane with no job, no friends, no comfort.

Though my orientation was just one short week in Hua Hin, I still have so much gratitude in my heart for the week that XploreAsia provided. Every action of theirs is so considerate; they truly ALWAYS have you in mind. A week may seem like no time, and trust me, it does fly by, but I was able to absorb insane amounts of knowledge throughout my week of orientation. When not in the classroom, you are creating memories and friendships that will surely last a lifetime. Every excursion we participated in was so delicately constructed in order to ensure the best time possible, while also making responsible and ethical decisions. For example, the elephant sanctuary we visited was one of only rescued creatures, providing the elephants with a safe and loving home, not one ruled by dollar signs. The afternoon with Rescue Paws is such a blast, all while giving some pups a bit of a brighter day. Every time we ate as a crew, XploreAsia made sure to provide vegetarian options, truly ensuring your happiness and comfort every step of the way, no matter what!

I could go on and on about the beauty of this organization, but I think that you should find out for yourself! Sure, teaching and culture shock and missing home definitely aren't always easy, but life isn't easy. From challenge comes growth. So take the leap of faith and venture out! XploreAsia will guide you in each and every step of the way.

A great experience!

I really couldn't be happier that I went through TESOL certification and the placement process with XploreAsia! They were helpful every step of the way from orientation to supporting us while we are at our placements. Having never taught before, I was nervous about being a teacher for the first time. But they really work with you to make you feel comfortable in front of the classroom while giving you constructive tips. By the end of the four weeks, I felt ready to start teaching and get to my placement! And it's so helpful knowing that if I have any problems, questions or concerns, the XploreAsia staff will be there!

My first Thai family

It's difficult for me to imagine navigating the fascinating customs and rich culture of Thailand without the help of XA's Culture Immersion Program. I really appreciated the way they used personal examples and candor to paint a picture of farangs living in Thailand. The TESOL course prepared me for the daily challenges of teaching english abroad. XploreAsia taught me how to be a english teacher abroad and gave me the cultural context to make my lessons relevant.

• Academic Support

XploreAsia is a great program!

Coming to Thailand through Xplore Asia was one of the best decisions I and my partner have done. We are so incredibly happy with the program and it's staff.

XploreAsia is with you every step of the way for teaching in Thailand, even after you have completed your teaching course. When we first arrived in Bangkok they had already set up accommodation and transportation from the airport. This is so helpful and takes off some of the stress from the long flight over. They also provide a nice accommodation and transportation to Hua Hin where you will take your course. There we had a great orientation week full of wonderful activities in the area including a trip to a pineapple farm and to feed some elephants. XploreAsia also provides a language and Thai culture course. They were some of the best courses I have taken and so incredibly interesting! Having all of this really helped become more accustomed with everything. In addition, XploreAsia helped us with setting up a bank account, our phones, and took us to the grocery store to get some supplies. We also received plenty of other supplies such as a flash drive full of teaching resources, online recourse, sim card, language book, and more. Overall, they did amazing helping us settle into Thailand and there was always someone to talk to if we had any questions.

Our time in Hua Hin for train was incredibly. It is a great city itself with so much to do! There are many markets, restaurants, beaches, waterfalls, and more to see and do on the weekend. Its a great place to get to know Thailand.

The TESOL course was a lot of work, but worth every minute. We had a great instructor who really pushed everyone to be the best teacher possible. The class was hard, but lots of fun and we were able to meet new friends who we can no visit on holidays around the country. Yes, we did have plenty of work during and after class, but when it came to teaching in your placement I was so prepared. During our TESOL course we also took part in a two day English camp. This gave us a real taste of what was to come. I can't imagine not taking part in anything like that before I started teaching. The English camp was an incredible experience and really made all of us even more excited about teaching and want to push ourselves more.

At the end of our TESOL course we all received our placements. This was a bit stressful, but the XploreAsia staff was so great at helping us out figuring out transportation and also everyone's anxiety. They really are always there to help out with anything and everything. Even after we arrived at our placements XploreAsia was there to help with any issues or questions we had about our school.

XploreAsia, creates a great network for everyone not just with their staff, but all participants. We are able to talk with other in the facebook forum and talk about different teaching ideas with everyone.

Overall, my experience with XploreAsia has been amazing. Its a great company who is there for you and really helps make you a better teacher. I HIGHLY recommend if you are considering teaching abroad to join the XploreAsia team.

Ready Set Xplore!

I have always wanted to come to Thailand then I found out about a way where I could come to Thailand and change lives. Teaching abroad. XploreAsia helped make all of this possible.

XploreAsia doesn't just throw you in head first and hope for the best. The first week of the course is an introduction to Thailand where they take you on fun excursions, introducing you to the Thai culture and their way of life. In preparation for your life in the Thai community XploreAsia also teaches you the Thai language as well as give you cultural classes with Mike, where you will learn more about the religion, culture and politics of Thai people.

The course itself is no bore either. Even if you have never had any experience with kids or teaching the instructors work hard to turn you into a qualified English teacher. You learn interesting things about teaching and make great friends along the way. At the end of the course you get to practice your newly developed teaching skills in a real class at an English camp which is truly an awesome experience.

I came over with my boyfriend and we were really worried that we would not be able to be together when we started teaching. The placement team works really hard to meet all your preference when they are searching for a school to place you at. In the end not only were my boyfriend and I placed in the same town but we were placed at the same school.

XploreAsia does not only offer you a TESOL certificate and a new set of skills but they also kick start you on an awesome Xperience that you will keep with you for the rest of your life.

• Academic Support

I highly recommend XploreAsia's 120-hour in-class TESOL training and certification to anyone who is considering teaching English in Thailand. The benefits of taking this course right in Thailand rather than studying it online are numerous, and XploreAsia's topnotch team of professionals is amazingly supportive all the way through. In fact, they're still supporting me with regular follow-up after the fact.

During the first week, XploreAsia provides an in-depth look at Thai culture and politics while also providing their TESOL students with a few hours of basic Thai language classes. I can't begin to explain just how helpful this was weeks later, once I began my teaching contract at a Thai school in Bangkok. The staff at the school really appreciated my extra bit of knowledge and understanding compared to other Westerners who didn't receive any cultural training at all. It was also helpful for us both that I was able to speak a wee bit of Thai with them.

The remaining three weeks of the course were filled with not only the same theoretical review of teaching methodologies that one learns through the online course, but also many hours of practical application within the classroom. We learned how to create and present various types of lesson plans, and we were able to provide and receive feedback from our instructors and each other in a safe environment while we learned. This in itself is priceless, but it didn't end there. Following this, we also got the opportunity to do a practicum at a two-day English camp at a nearby Thai school. So, again we received that all-important firsthand experience of dealing with Thai children in their natural school environment which further prepared us for our real jobs to follow.

Studying this TESOL course and teaching in Thailand has been a "bucket list" item of mine for many years, but I don't know how well I would have done if I'd just moved here on my own. I think I would have experienced quite a strong sense of culture shock if it weren't for the safe cocoon of XploreAsia staff and my fellow TESOL students around me for that first month. It really helped me to acclimatize to a new country so that, once I was on my own a month later, I was that much more prepared. I know how to live on my own here now. I know what I need, and I know how and where to get it.

Thank you for making everything so much easier and enjoyable for me, XploreAsia. I highly recommend your company and your TESOL course to everyone.

Ready - Set - Go

I decided I wanted to live abroad before I was too old to want to live abroad. So, at 46, I quit my comfortable job, rented my house and moved to Thailand. Before I decided on Thailand I did a lot of research on teaching English as well as other jobs I could do abroad. The amount of information and number of companies offering TESOL, TEFL, and other courses was staggering and overwhelming. How do you ever decide? I liked the idea that I could get my TESOL certification in a real classroom with real people in the country I would be teaching in with real practice teaching days. This is what drew me to Xploreasia. The first week of class focused on culture and some of the things you will need to know about living in Thailand. This is not just about doing your job and going to the corner expat bar after work. This is about how to live in a Thai community. This was a huge relief for me because I want to see what it's like to live in a different culture, not just visit a different country and see the sights. I felt that Xploreasia's commitment to preparing their teachers to not only teach, but to live here is huge. The help with job placement after the class was also part of why I chose this program. The thought of learning a new job in a month and then having to go find that new job on my own was daunting. And the cultural information is coming in handy as I'm working in a rural town with no other foreigners in it. I also feel that if I have questions or need support now that I'm teaching, I have the staff and other teachers there to help me out.

Amazing Experience with XploreAsia

I could not have had a better time during my TESOL certification in Hua Hin in October. The 120 hour course definitely prepared me so well for my future in the Thai classroom. Jon was an amazing instructor, he was so helpful and provided a lot of useful constructive criticism, he ensured that everyone in my class was getting better with each lesson they presented. My group was particularly lucky because we got to live within the Thai community in a house during our certification. This allowed my group to form lasting connections that I've continued to maintain since I left Hua Hin in my placement town of Phetchabun. XploreAsia has left me feeling like I have a giant community of people I can go to for support and help throughout Thailand no matter what. I could not recommend a program more.

Life Changing

As a native English speaker teaching in Thailand, you are respected, valued and appreciated. The students wai (slight bow) to me every time they pass me in the hallway and I get asked multiple times a day by the teachers if I am happy. English is a valued skill because it means a better future, a high paying job, and a good school for your family. I even notice that some of the Thai teachers practice along with their students while I'm teaching. I've learned so much about myself and about my passion for teaching these past 2 months than ever before and it all started with stepping out of that comfort zone with the help from Xplore Asia.

This program has staff who work hard day and night to make sure that your needs are met. I felt prepared before I even left my hometown because of the multiple guide books emailed to us and the rapid communication. The guidebooks included a thorough run down of what to expect from the food, to the people, the culture, the course, the regions in Thailand, the visa, bank information, and much more. These are some of the friendliest and hardworking individuals I've ever and working with such an well prepared agency is why I am so happy with where I am today.

Teaching in the Land of Smiles

Dropping everything you know and coming to a foreign country to teach English is a pretty unconventional move. But it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I was connected to XploreAsia through an agency called GeoVisions. I couldn't be happier with the program.

XploreAsia does soooo much for you. They:
-pick you up at the airport bring you to your accommodation in Bangkok (there was no confusion with this, it was great after such a long flight)
-arrange accommodations in Bangkok and Hua Hin
-provide you with transport from BKK to Hua Hin
-provide you with a Thai SIM card
-provide you with language courses during orientation
-assist you in setting up a Thai bank account and ATM card
-give you a TESOL book and language book
-provide you with a flash drive with valuable teacher resources
-provide you with online resources (flash cards, lesson plans, etc)
-give you access to the Facebook teacher network (this is soooo helpful)
-help arrange transportation from Hua Hin to your placement
-and so much more!!

Upon arrival to Hua Hin, your schedule becomes extremely busy and slightly overwhelming. It's okay though (mai bpen rai--no worries!), it's just different from your days of relaxation in Bangkok. Orientation week is amazing. There are so many fun cultural activities planned, ours included a Muay Thai lesson, visiting a pineapple farm, an elephant sanctuary, learning traditional Thai painting, and an awesome beach barbecue. Between all of those fun excursions, you receive Thai language lessons, and long crash courses in Thai culture. These seminars last up to three hours each, and I'll admit that at the time I was annoyed with their length, but the information that you get is so useful, and Mike and Danny did an excellent job at making the presentations animated and fun.

Hua Hin is an amazing city. Living here for a month was truly an incredible experience. There are lovely beaches, a mountain full of monkeys (beware, they're not afraid of you!), nearby waterfalls and caves, and super awesome markets. Believe me when I say you'll never have nothing to do.

The TESOL course is a lot of work. You spend all day in hot classrooms learning TESOL theories, and making, presenting, and critiquing lessons. Expect to have lots of homework at the end of the day. It may seem like a lot, but it's so important to learn how to make a solid, strong lesson plan before you're released out into the field. Plus, you can use the lessons you made when you actually get to your placement, so it's not like you're working for nothing. Keep in mind why you came to Thailand. The best part about the TESOL course is the English camp. You get to work two days at the Tessaban school with the kids, and it's the most amazing experience. The Thai kids make all of the long days of learning and long nights of planning worth it.

The best thing about XploreAsia, in my opinion, is that they are genuine. With my experience with agencies, I've learned that many people in Thailand care only to make money. That's not the case here. Mike and the rest of XploreAsia's staff seem to genuinely want to make a difference and produce the best teachers. They really care about children and us as teachers. With XploreAsia, you can reach out to them at any time during orientation, or once you've been placed, and you have a whole network of support. I've experienced this through direct emails with Mike and through the XploreAsia teacher page, where there are thousands of XploreAsia teachers to help you with anything you need.

There are things that will frustrate you with this program, but it's important to realize that they are working with Thais. Thailand has a whole different system and culture than western countries, so although you're working directly with a western program, the Thai culture will influence the efficiency, timeliness, and organization of everything. The main frustration was the placement process. I suggest just keeping an open mind and remembering that everything will be okay! Just keep an open mind--not all of Thailand is beautiful beaches and mountains, but you'll have an amazing time regardless because the Thai people are amazing and the kids are awesome. Remember Mike's advice: you may not get what you wanted, but you'll get what you needed. This advice is 100% true.

If you've never taught before, and are worried about coming to teach, don't worry at all. I teach in America, and while I think it's been a bit helpful, teaching in Thailand is a completely different experience on all levels. I'm so thankful that I decided to take the TESOL course, even as a certified teacher, because it really prepared me for what teaching ESL to Thai students is like.

Overall, I'm so happy with XploreAsia and highly recommend that you join the XploreAsia family!

Hua Hin TESOL Course

Taking my TESOL course through XploreAsia was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The month we spent in Hua Hin was really a great experience. From the moment I reached the airport to the time I left for my placement everything went extremely smooth. Not only did I learn more than I ever imagined during the program but I met a lot of amazing people and had a lot of fun.

I feel like XploreAsia fully prepared me to go out into a community in Thailand and work as a teacher. If I had not taken this course I would have completely lost when I began teaching in my small town. XploreAsia also takes the time to stay in touch with you after you complete the course. Everything has gone smoothly in my town so far but it is really nice to know that they are there if I ever need them.

Take the Leap, TESOL with Xplore Asia Will Change Your Life

Deciding to come to Thailand and teach is a life changing decision, Xplore Asia is an excellent company to help you make those changes. I had very little knowledge on Xplore Asia before coming over, I came through Greenheart Travel (who were also amazing) who gave me little information on the transfer to Xplore Asia. However, this effected my TESOL and life thus far in Thailand very little and should not be an issue or something to hold you back.

The driver was waiting when we got off our flight, we loaded up in a van and went straight to the hotel. The hotel, H-Residence was nice and in a great area for seeing the city if you decide to fly in early like I did. I highly suggest staying with Xplore Asia group at the hotel because it gives you a awesome opportunity to get to know some people and see the "touristy" things in Bangkok with a group. We were fed breakfast every morning I was there, and the final morning you load up into a minivan with people from your group and make your way to Hua Hin.

Upon arrival in Hua Hin things got quite rushed. We threw our things into our accomodation (I lived in the big Soi 33 house), jumped back in the van, were given a quick run down of the way our mall trip would go and then dropped off at the mall to get supplies. It was a little overwhelming buying things for a house you hadn't really seen. Just buy what you need and then figure it out as you go through your month, GET TOILET PAPER and WATER.

The first week of the course was the orientation. It was an incredible experience and is a great time to get to know the
group of people you will be spending the next month in class with, the people who will become one of your most valuable networks in Thailand over your stay here.

Mike does a great job with Thai culture classes, and they are actually interesting! The excursions are amazing (the elephant sanctuary, pineapple farm, art village, rescue paws, etc.). At the end of the week there is a beach BBQ, it is tons of fun.

Once the TESOL starts you will have A LOT of work. There are homework assignments almost daily. Sometimes you will be working in groups, with a partner, or alone. I had Jon Harman as my course instructor, I felt fully prepared to walk into the English camp and teach three solo lessons to middle/high school students. Across the board I heard very positive things about the instructors. They are very passionate about what they are doing and really want you to be an amazing teacher so they invest a large chunk of time into molding each student.

By the time the TESOL is over you feel confident and prepared for whatever placement may be thrown at you. With a Drop Box full of lessons from Kindergarten to High School level, you know you will not be walking into a school without something prepared. I do wish the course covered a little more on private schools with curriculums. The TESOL certainly prepares you for teaching, but we spent a large portion of time covering worst case scenarios and a lot of my group actually ended up with really nice placements in private schools, EP programs, and International Schools.

My overall experience with Xplore Asia was amazing, I would 100% recommend them to anyone considering teaching in Thailand. However, the things I think could use improvement. . .

Cell Phones. This was a disaster from the start. No one at the cell phone company spoke english and none of us spoke Thai. Some people wound up with cell phones with no data, some with no calling/texting ability. Some people ended up on plans, some ended up pay as you go. No one really knew what they were signing up for. The Sim card Xplore Asia provides you with did not fit most people's smart phones and was therefore useless. I am certain Mike and his staff will have the kinks worked out with this soon, if they haven't already.

Placements. I came over in the largest group that Xplore Asia has ever accommodated. That being said, they seemed slightly underprepared for the monumental task of placing 210 teachers in schools. The placement team did an excellent job, but placements took quite some time to secure. Some people had no confirmations up to the very end of their stay. I was lucky enough to secure a nice placement. Though, they take very little actual regard for where you would like to be placed (which winds up being a really cool thing). Do not expect to list off a city, or even a region, and actually wind up being placed there. It is considerably harder for them to place people who come over in pairs or triads. I came over with a friend and we wound up separating because the last week we had no confirmed placement. Upon separating we found placements immediately. Travel is cheap and easy here, so do not let being placed away from your friends discourage you. The placement team works really hard, but everything is very up in the air and no one really prepares you for that.

You have to remember you are in Thailand, and occasionally terrible things happen. Xplore Asia staff needed prompting from TESOL students to address and help handle these issues. Once they were prompted, the staff acted completely supportive and were more than willing to help in anyway.

Xplore Asia is a great company. They provide you with a network of people who are willing to help you throughout your stay here. They create an environment that fosters learning. The whole group is very interested in making you the best you can be so that your experience in Thailand is amazing. At the end of the day, despite the few hiccups (remember the few bad things just make the good, that much better!), they want success for you. Their system is wonderful and allows you the perfect amount of time to get comfortable teaching and make great friends. When you graduate you will have an entire network of people to spend weekends and Holidays exploring Thailand with. If you are considering using Xplore Asia, DO IT!

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review November 26, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Hi Kayleigh thank you for your review. I'm so pleased you're having an amazing time and you have fond memories of your time with us. We won't forget you either!

We have streamlined our advice/guidance for setting up telephones now. We accept that we hadn't done a good enough job in really explaining how to setup phones to everyone. Now everyone who comes along will have a proper guide to getting it all setup without having to go to the store! We can also activate sim cards here too. Regarding the standard sims we supply, as a lot of people buy burner phones these can suit, and can also be cut to suit smartphones (apart from iPhones). But the other style sims aren't easy to obtain in bulk so we opt for a basics package to get people started as soon as they arrive. But we should have made this more clear!

As you were aware we had a huge number of teachers to place by the end of the course in October. And we did it. It was a huge task, with its ups and downs but we managed to get it done. The management and placement teams have taken a serious look at all of the feedback from the intake and are improving our communications process across the board.

I'm really glad you were part of a very special month for XploreAsia. Keep in touch!

Amazing Experience!

The TESOL course was a great experience and I can't imagine teaching here without it. It was challenging but I learned so much in a very short time period and met amazing new friends that now live all around Thailand!

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review November 26, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Glad you enjoyed yourself and continue to flourish in Thailand. Thanks for being part of the XploreAsia family!

Life in Thailand

I stepped foot in Thailand roughly 8 months ago. Fortunately, I was able to hook up with Xplore Asia back in the States prior to coming. Xplore Asia sent all the necessary documents to get my Non-Immigrant B Visa. I was also given instructions on where to go after touching down in Bangok; it was a breeze. I can honestly say I had one of the best months during my stay in Hua Hin. The staff members were lovely folks, and I've made some close friends in Hua Hin (we still keep in touch). The TESOL/TEFL course was informative and helpful. I definitely felt that I given the necessary tools to succeed in the Thai classroom. Even after leaving Hua Hin, the friendly folks at Xplore Asia and checked up on me to see how I was doing. I was extremely lucky to have their full support when the junk hit the fan. I was linked up to a teaching agency that refused to provide working documents for me, so I decided to give them 3 week notice and found a new position in a different school. As retaliation, the agency decided to withhold the final month's salary. I turned to Xplore Asia for support, and they hawked them down and I eventually got my money. Xplore Asia is an amazing organization that provides all the necessary knowledge and support to be successful in Thailand. Highly highly recommended.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review November 26, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Thank you for the feedback, we are so happy you had an amazing time with us here in Hua Hin.

As noted, we are always here to support our participants no matter what. We encourage people to have life changing adventures, and we will support you in that mission every step of the way!

TESOL with Xploreasia

I believe that Xploreasia did a great job on preparing me for what I could expect during my placement. I was told about various scenarios that could happen and how to deal with them. Some parts of communication could have been a little better, but I understand that we were a massive group of people and not everything was going to b perfect.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review November 26, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Hi Erica thank you for posting!

We certainly have taken on board the criticisms of communication during big intakes. We've been working on those improvements a lot and we look forward to being tested once again!

We're a very passionate bunch here and we always want to improve, and give our participants the best experience possible. We really do appreciate everyone's feedback.

Great to hear from you, hope to catchup sometime!

Thai Experience

I feel that XploreAsia really helped give an experience of a life, they made you feel comfortable and safe in your new surroundings, they became "family" away from home. The course offered was excellent, Zach really put in his all and helped us through a lot of things and gave some strong advice. The Teaching Camps struck a major reality nerve. Schools in Thailand are so different from home, some advice: if you are a teacher back home don't expect it to be easy going its definitely a major challenge. The placement team did an amazing job, they managed to place my boyfriend and I together in the same school.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review September 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review! It's great to hear you're both getting along well at your placement, and Krabi too!!

We do pride ourselves on welcoming everyone in as part of an extended family, you're always welcome to come and visit when you're in the area.