Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image

XploreAsia TESOL / TEFL in Thailand - Chiang Mai

• Academic Support

One of the best things I've ever done :)

This past May, I took the TESOL course through XploreAsia in Chiang Mai. The entire program was incredible, hands-on and very involved. The first week included some amazing excursions-- going to the rice plantations and working with real farmers, visiting Chiang Mai's most famous temples, an intense Muay Thai session and some extremely useful Thai culture and language lessons. The XploreAsia staff is full of passionate individuals who truly care about the work that they do and the difference they make. Zach, the TESOL instructor, is approachable, knowledgable and gives so much insight to teaching in Thailand. Even months after the program, I have no doubt of Zach's (as well as the rest of the XploreAsia staff's) guidance and support through any troubles I would have teaching. I've returned home and I am currently working at an International Language Camp in Los Angeles, California where I teach English to kids from all over the world ages 6-18. XploreAsia's TESOL class has given me the confidence and the first-hand experience I needed to teach English as a Second Language as well as practice mindfulness with other cultures and customs.

• Academic Support

XPLORE ASIA is wonderful!

I have only been at my school for a couple weeks but I am very thankful for the TESOL course that Xplore Asia offered. I can not imagine if I just came to Thailand without taking the full course. It was such a nice transition into my life as a Thai teacher. The whole team did their best to ensure each and every participant in my course was placed in a great school. I highly recommend Xplore Asia to anyone who is looking to find a great experience in Thailand or other Asian countries!

Positive Experience with XA

I applied to teach in Thailand through Greenheart Travel, but worked directly with XploreAsia upon arrival in Chiang Mai, and I’m so glad I did! Through the cultural background, excursions, and the 120-hour TESOL course, I felt XploreAsia provided me with a range of knowledge that prepared me to teach as well as adjust to a new culture. Not only that, but the staff at XploreAsia are amazing!! They are all extremely accommodating, laidback people who truly care about each of their participants. Even though some of the processes in Thailand can be disorganized or shift last minute, XploreAsia does their best to work with these changes in order to make their participants feel comfortable with the transition into teaching. Not only that, but you can rely on them to support you throughout your entire time in Thailand. They make a point to keep in touch with everyone and will always be there to help!

• Academic Support

Get your foot-in-the-door with Xplore!

I was pleasantly surprised by the staff at Xplore. They are knowledgeable, excellent communicators of that knowledge, friendly, and all have a great sense of humor. After their TESOL course I went to a training with the agency that hired me and have met many other teachers along the way to my placement. Comparatively I felt more prepared for the classroom, but perhaps most importantly, I felt more prepared for the school culture. We were taught the shades of the wai and when to do them. It was also ingrained in us to adopt a mai-bpen-rai attitude and Thai smile in the face of the confusion that would arise (and oh, it has). I'm so grateful and relieved to be where I am mentally and I do owe it largely to Xplore Asia.

A smooth transition

XploreAsia has done an incredible job making the transition into life in Thailand a very smooth one. Not only do I feel prepared to teach, but I also feel more knowledgeable and understanding of life and culture in Thailand. The staff at my program in Chiang Mai made us feel very welcome and helped us adjust quickly. They were always quick to help with any problem we had, and even though I am now at my placement they made it clear that we should never hesitate to ask for advice or help if we come across any problems or general questions about life in Thailand. I was very nervous to move across the world, particularly because I was coming alone, but XploreAsia has made it very clear that I am not alone in this country and I have a family to lean on whenever I need. A million thanks in particular to Zach, Rose, Elena, and Benz who have made this experience both informative and unforgettable. I would highly recommend XploreAsia to anyone who is ready to take the leap and move to Thailand to teach.

A Great Introduction

My first few weeks in Thailand with XploreAsia were great. The team was awesome, if we had any concerns or questions they were always there to answer them. We got to experience amazing things that otherwise we might not have even thought about doing i.e. the killer Muay Thai lesson. They definitely helped ease us into the transition and guided us along the way, they are a great team and I would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of teaching in Asia!!!! (Oh yeah and they do still keep in touch when your in your placement, you are not alone!)

Life in Thailand

Without XploreAsia, I would have been totally lost, and I highly I recommend going with this company. The staff are all genuine, down to Earth people who are truly passionate about what they do. They continue to be involved in their teachers lives, checking in on everyone via email every once in a while. If there are ever any problems or issues, the staff is there to help.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review September 28, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Thank you for your kind words. Without you guys we'd be lost too! We exist to ensure people have life-changing experiences, it's our passion. Have an amazing holiday, you deserve it.

My time with XploreAsia

The experience of a lifetime. XploreAsia provided us with not only academic preparation but also practical experience. They accommodated the fact that I came to Thailand with my sister and we now work in schools next door to each other. There is no shortage of information, but with this being Thailand, "it depends" is a real thing. They give you insight into the Thai lifestyle, food, language and culture and encourage leaving your comfort zone behind you at home. My month with them was intense, with many new faces and names to learn, classes to attend, lessons to prepare and no shortage of fun. You enter into a network of teachers that have all gone through this new experience and provide an unlimited amount of knowledge for you to tap into at any point. You meet people from all across the globe and by the end of the month, most have become like family. There was a little bit of magic in each new experience.

Good Things to Say about XA

So, as it were, at first I was a bit unsure about what I thought of the whole gig - meaning pretty much the first month I was constantly acclimating to a new culture so my perception was always changing from this to that and back again. However, XploreAsia, at the time and even more so in hindsight, did a wonderful job with its cultural and academic preparation for teaching TESOL and living in a new environment. Given that the experiences had when you go off to your schools are incredibly wide and diverse, they do everything that they can so that you feel comfortable. This means with logistics and with adapting a proper cultural attitude - which is very important if you want to get on well in a new place. It's been a semester at my school and, as I've begun to reflect on my time with XA, they seem like a very knowledgeable and well-put together organization. Not saying that everything was cake and roses, but I had a positive experience.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review September 28, 2015 at 10:25 PM

Hi! We're glad you had a positive experience. You're right to mention that the first four weeks is spent constantly acclimating to Thailand and its culture. We do try our very best to make sure that everyone has a positive experience. It's especially important for us to help people even after they leave us. Have a great holiday now school's out!

Thailand

It was one of the best experiences of my life. That's a statement that says a lot and not much at the same time, but I was able to experience the best and the worst of me when it came down to cultural differences and adaptation. That turned out to be a good thing, in the end. And discovering the amazing country that is Thailand, even if it was just part of it, was amazing.

• Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) responded to this review September 28, 2015 at 10:26 PM

It really is a journey leaving home to teach in a far away place. You have to experience the lows to truly appreciate the highs. We're so glad you came along for that ride with us. Have a great holiday teacher!