Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image Teach Explore Asia (XploreAsia) Header Image

XploreAsia Teach South Korea Program

My year in South Korea

In April 2015, I had just graduated university, was working two dead end jobs and just had my heart broken. I desperately wanted a change and finally got up the courage to do something I had dreamed about doing for years; live and work overseas. I did hours of research trying to decide on a location. It didn't take me long to choose South Korea. Everything I found, read and watched about teaching English in South Korea promised all the things I had been looking for: change, adventure and cultural immersion. I overloaded myself with information and quickly felt totally overwhelmed by where to start and what to do. Getting the right visa looked tricky and I had no idea how to contact schools. That's when I found XploreAsia. From my first contact with them, I received all the information I needed to get started. I was guided through the process by experienced and knowledgeable people who were able to answer all my questions and concerns. The online TESOL was tailored for teachers headed to South Korea and the recruitment process was painless. Once in country, I had all the support I needed to set up my life and assimilate successfully. A highlight of going through XploreAsia was their in-country orientations. I got to attend Korean language lesson and excursions around Seoul that really helped me feel comfortable there and were so much fun.
Now, over a year later, I look back at my time in South Korea fondly. The lifestyle was culturally enriching, fun and so easy to get accustomed to. I felt totally comfortable and safe during my stay and was very sorry to leave. If you are considering teaching in South Korea, I would 100% recommend as it was the best decision I ever made.

Teaching in South Korea

Xplore Asia has been excellent in assisting with my job hunt in South Korea and have been very helpful whenever I have had a problem arise. The aftercare provided is excellent. I am glad that I went through Xplore Asia. South Korea is a beautiful country and I highly recommend anyone who wants to teach to come here!

Teaching in South Korea

My experience teaching English in South Korea has been life-changing. It is challenging in every way and has sometimes been incredibly overwhelming. But these are the moments that have taught me to push forward and to constantly be my better self and that is what is so incredible about this journey. Having the opportunity to be immersed in new culture and language and be surrounded by children every day really opens your heart to the world and all that it has to offer. I would recommend this program to anyone who has an interest in teaching or seeing the world in a new way.

Teaching in South Korea

Xplore Asia provided the reassure that when I arrived in South Korea I would have a job and a place to live. That guarantee as well as their guidance to gather all of the appropriate paperwork was exactly what I needed to feel secure in my decision to live abroad. I want to thank Xplore Asia for giving me the confidence to know I had done everything to make the transition to teach in South Korea a smooth one.