Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a truly unique institution. It is the only international collaborative university in China with dual degree awarding powers, from the Chinese Ministry of Education and from the University of Liverpool. Founded in 2006 with an initial intake of just 164 students, the university has grown rapidly over the last six years. We now have nearly 6,000 students on campus with a further 1,600 studying at Liverpool under a 2+2 articulation agreement. The university is independent, but draws for guidance and experience upon its two parent universities, both of which are over one hundred years old and highly respected international pioneers.
We are recruiting students from all over the world for degree programmes at undergraduate level, including Architecture, Biological Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science & Technology, Information & Computing Science, Electrical Engineering & Automation, Electronic Science & Technology, Telecommunications Engineering, Information Management & Information Systems, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Civic Design, Financial Mathematics, and English.
XJTLU also offers Chinese Language Studies.
The University accepts a wide variety of school, college and foundation qualifications such as A-Level, AS-Level, IB and other equivalent overseas qualifications.
All degree programmes taught in English
*26 undergraduate degree programmes and 6 Master's degree programmes
International learning environment
* 350 academic staff members from 40 countries
* Nearly 6,000 students on campus, 1,600 studying at the University of Liverpool
Internationally-recognized degree from the University of Liverpool
* Undergraduate students receive two degrees (dual award) upon completion of an undergraduate programme (the XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and the University of Liverpool degree)
* Master's students will receive a degree from the University of Liverpool
Our International Student Recruitment and Support (ISRS) team provides a range of services to help make students' experience at XJTLU go smoothly. ISRS help with all questions that international students have whilst at the University and in China. There is a range of facilities to be accessed plus a support network for international students and their families to ensure that students enjoy their time here.
Located in Suzhou (SIP), China
* 4th largest economy in China (in terms of GDP)
* A modern international city which maintains its cultural heritage
* Lower living cost compared to neighbouring Shanghai (25 minutes away by high-speed train)
Great career prospects
* 50% of graduates go on to do Master’s and PhD’s at universities ranking within the global top 100
* Graduates have gained employment in world-leading companies