WorldTeach Header Image WorldTeach Header Image

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Teaching for a year in Santiago, Chile

I had an awesome experience teaching through WorldTeach in Santiago, Chile. The host family I stayed with was really great, the work/life balance was excellent, and the training and support I got from the in country program directors was unparalleled. I met other English teachers from the U.S. while I was there and the organizations they came through were not as helpful and didn't provide nearly as much support or training.

Chile is an amazing country and wonderful to travel in. The people are super nice and Santiago has so many cool places to explore, plus is well positioned to visit other spots around the country.

I would highly recommend this program and WorldTeach, as well as Chile as the country to work in!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

WorldTeach in Chile

Overall, this was a great experience. I lived in Chile and worked as a WorldTeach Volunteer in 2007 in the city of Chillan. Orientation training prepared me to take on the responsibility of co-teacher in the public school where I was placed, and the quality of my fellow volunteers was impressive and we supported each other in all our trials and travails throughout the year. The family I lived with and the friends I made are still important to me. I so much recommend that you consider WorldTeach Chile (or any WorldTeach) program to learn how to teach, learn a new language, challenge yourself, and have a lot of fun!

Chile Year

We loved the program World Teach Provided. We met sooooo many amazing students and families. It was a great way to remove stereotypes for us and for the Chileans we came in contact with. They found out that people from the States are not scary or just like the Simpsons.