WorldTeach Header Image WorldTeach Header Image

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Talofa Lava!

As with everything, this experience is what you make it! Day to day, it was a lot of work and very quiet. Overall, it was an amazing adventure full of generous locals, coconuts, crazy but loving students, lots of smiles, a few injuries, many mosquito bites, snorkeling, sea turtles, a poor transportation system, isolation, career-building, much self-reflection, breathtaking views, challenging hikes, lots of late nights grading papers and making lesson plans, friends, vibrant flowers, and lots of alofa (love). Go for it!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

A one-of-a-kind experience to be adopted by a new community

I was teaching in the outer islands at Manu'a High School. I was graciously adopted by my village and the entire island made us feel welcomed with great feasts and celebrations galore. Living in the outer islands can be tough, but it is an absolutely amazing experience that you just cannot fully get other people to understand even the volunteers on the main island.
The WT staff was very professional and we had a wonderful field director who took care of us as if we were part of her own family. I am proud of my service with WorldTeach at Manu'a High School, Ta'u, American Samoa.
Sagaula Pride!