WorldTeach Header Image WorldTeach Header Image

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

A breathtaking summer

I volunteered at the Mwadikange SS School in Ondobe, Ohangwena, Namibia. It was a incredible experience, filled with so many memories. The in-country support is so personal, and the relationship I made with my fellow volunteers will influence me in ways I can never repay. WorldTeach does an incredible job of understanding volunteers in Namibia, especially summer ones. Whenever I had an issue, my field director was there. She pushed me to do even better and to live more, instead of just coddling me and comforting me. She provided important wisdom and stories that made me want to do better as a teacher and a person. Most importantly, the teachers, staff, and learners that I lived with for two and half months will always have a profound impact on me. The best experience of my life!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Walelepo (Hello) Namibia

Last summer, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to simultaneously travel and increase my global awareness while engaging in meaningful service. I served as an computer literacy teacher for three months at a small village school in Ongha, Namibia for about 800 learners (students) and their teachers. While there was definitely a language barrier (despite English being the national language of Namibia) and it was hard for the kids to keep focus when they were hungry, it was an incredible feeling to teach them a valuable skill set and hope they may be able to use it in the future. I still keep in touch with many of my students and my colleagues.