street view street view

Intern in New Zealand with World Internships

New Zealand review

I enjoyed my intern abroad in New Zealand. New Zealanders are some of the nicest people I have met. Adwina, the woman who placed me with Swimming New Zealand was very helpful. She was always there to answer any questions I had.

Best experience of my life.

This experience was the best decision I've ever made. I can't wait to go back.

Stafford House was so welcoming and I really enjoyed living there.

I made friends quite easily and had no real problems adjusting.

Everyone was really helpful.

Came for 3 months, staying a year.

I can't say enough good things about my internship experience abroad in Wellington, New Zealand. I learned so much at my internship and had the best time there. My co-workers were so friendly and made themselves available to help me out. I was given a lot more responsibility than I thought I would, which was a great surprise. I learned a lot and gained a very good reference!

I've absolutely fallen in love with Wellington. Everything is so close and easily accessible with incredible scenery just a short walk from the city. The culture and diversity within Wellington is so interesting. There are things to do here for every type of person. Hiking, biking, film festivals, music festivals, all sorts of events and classes for every interest you could have! I've made so many great friends from all over the world that really have made my trip to New Zealand special. I love it here and instead of staying for only 3 months, I've decided to stay the year and take in everything New Zealand has to offer!

Would have been great to have available internet. Great apartment and location though!

Was very easy to get used to the differences in New Zealand. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.

My questions were answered right away and my well-being was cared about. Suggestions on places to go, ways to meet friends etc were always given and really helped make my internship a great experience.

I feel completely safe here in Wellington. Walking alone at night has never been something to worry about and it's almost guaranteed there will be someone you know nearby at any given time since the city is so compact!

Social work in New Zealand

My experience in New Zealand was a great post-university experience. I learned a lot about working in my field while traveling through the beautiful country. World Internships helped me through the whole process and made everything as easy as possible so all I had to do was enjoy my experience!

Social Work in New Zealand

I was completing my internship at the Wellington After-care Association, an organization that offers help to people with various kinds of disabilities. I had the chance to look at two different services within the organization which I found great as the work at ACEmployment moreover included casework& the work at ACEHouse majorily focused on group activities. ACEHouse is a learning centre for adults with disabilities which offers various group projects throughout the whole day that range from arts & sports to cooking and day trips. You're always out and about with different groups and you'll get to know the city quite quickly as you'll possibly be on a trip around town every day. ACEmployment is a free supported employment service that supports people with mental disorders with finding paid work on a one-to-one basis. If you want to learn to work on your own cases and to bring in your own ideas the internship offers exactly what you are looking for. Everyone in the team is very helpful, friendly and open and you'll immediately feel included into the team! I would not want to miss on the experience and I can definitely recommend working with the organization without a single doubt.

I didn't organize accommodation through World Internships but I've visited a few places that they offer and all of them looked really clean and big and were located close to the town center, which means that you won't need to take public transport. Also, you live with lots of other interns, so you'll always have people around to explore town or go on weekend trips:) I've lived at a shared flat in one of the suburbs which I enjoyed a lot as it is the easiest way to get to know locals and the actual kiwi lifestyle. The second option does include more work with finding accommodation though and may include the necessity to move places within your stay. To be absolutely safe with accommodation, I’d definitely chose one of the rooms offered through World Internships.

The work with World internships was definitely easy and reliable. I've always received replies within 24 hours and they've always been really helpful. Also, as soon as you arrive in New Zealand, Angela, the program coordinator is helping you out as well if you need any help on-site.

Wesley community action social worker

It was a great experience, great people, wonderful place to work. Would have liked to move around within the organization a little more instead of staying right on the 121 foster care team

well maintained.

Great Experience

Wellington is incredible. Although not the standard outdoorsy mountainous picture you get when you think New Zealand, I'm so glad I picked Wellington because there's so much to do in town, everyday needs (supermarket, pharmacy, jobs if you decide at the end of your internship that you just can't leave yet:)) are easily met and public transportation in Wellington is awesome so you can easily see those more remote adventurous locations.

Internship was 3 months long and I lived in 3 different locations. Less moving around would be nice.

Immerse, Learn, Live

The first day I arrived in Wellington, New Zealand, I didn't know what to expect from this internship. Everything seemed new and different. However, the director of the international internship programs in New Zealand helped me in many ways. She helped me settle down in my apartment, and provided me with various city maps, tourists sites in New Zealand, cellphone, and of course information on the internship. The next day, I was on my foot, walking around and exploring the city. I was never embarrassed to go have a lunch in a cafe or restaurant by myself or talking to people. I immersed into the Kiwi's culture.
When I met my supervisor for the internship, I was filled with confusion and uncertainty. However, he directed me through the process step by step. I was able to not only apply what I have learned but strengthen the foundations of psychology. I assisted my supervisor in various processes in psychological research. Moreover, I was also able to observe the life of a professional in my field of study. I was learning everyday.
I loved every single day of my internship experience in Wellington. I was not a foreigner visiting a country for 6 weeks, but I spent each day like any other people in New Zealand would. I was one of them, living and experiencing. Moreover, I was not working all the time, but I had the time to travel and see the country I am interning at!
My favorite part of this program was meeting other interns. Everyone came from different parts of the world and we made close connections for the future. Who knows? I might be heading to one of their home countries next time.
I loved this experience, and I would take another opportunity to apply for an internship through the World Internship.

It was really cold due to inadequate heating system. Also, there was no window in the room and no study space where I can sit and read or write.

Great city and internship

I did an event management internship. I really enjoyed the overall experience and the people i meet and worked with was great. Wellington was an amazing city and would 100% return again.

Found own apartment

Was always kept up to date with every issue.

The internship was safe and i felt very safe in the city at any time.