Skaftafell Wilderness Volunteer Programme, Iceland
5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 1-2 Weeks
June to August for between 2-6 weeks.
* Between 18 to 50 years old
* Fit and healthy
* Capable of carrying out work in all conditions in a cold and wet climate * Prepared to do a lot of walking and hiking on uneven ground every day
* Comfortable living in rustic conditions and camping in a tent
* No specific skills are needed, but previous experience of manual conservation work, trail work, botany, terrestrial monitoring etc. would be particularly useful
* Those with an interest in conservation, restoration, wilderness and low impact camping
Cost in US$:
The 2 week programme is GBP 375 and 4 weeks is GBP 525.
Program Fees Include:
* All project costs, including all food, camping, equipment provided for the project (not personal), lightweight cooking facilities
* All training and supervision by project manager and volunteers
* WorkingAbroad Projects backup and placement support
- Biological Research
- Building & Construction Projects
- Trail Building
* Interested to hike and work in a remote and wild area * Willing to live in the Icelandic wilderness
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 6