Native Forest Volunteer Project, New Zealand
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
January 20th to February, 3rd February 3rd to February 17th, February 17th to March 3rd, March 3rd to March 17th, March 17th to March 31st.
* Between 18 to 50 years old
* Fit, healthy, capable of carrying out work in all conditions in a cold and wet climate
* Prepared to do a lot of walking and hiking on uneven ground every day, and to be comfortable living in a rustic conditions for two weeks.
* No specific skills are needed, but those with previous experience of conservation work, wilderness travel, botany, etc. would be particularly useful
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Travel while in host country
Program Fees Include:
These costs include all food, accommodation, excursions in the surrounding area, night safaris, all training and supervision by instructors, and WorkingAbroad Projects backup and placement support.
Your airfare to and from New Zealand, transport to and from the project start location in Dargaville, travel/medical insurance and personal expenses are not included within this price. It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.
- Biological Research
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- Health Education
- Historic Preservation
- Human Rights
- Small Business Development
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application