Amazon Basin Research and Conservation Project, Peru
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week
You can join for 1 week up to 10 months all year round.
* at least 18 years of age unless accompanied by a parent or guardian (at the discretion of the Project Manager)
* in good health,
* a fairly good level of physical fitness, and able to swim 100 m unaided.
* a keen interest, educational qualifications, and previous experience in a related biological or environmental field is an advantage
* knowledge of Spanish is useful, but is not essential
* a sense of adventure
* ability to endure often challenging conditions are essential
Cost in US$:
Varies depending on stay duration.
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Travel while in host country
- Written materials abroad
Program Fees Include:
The cost for 1 week is GBP 695, 2 weeks is GBP 995, 3 weeks is GBP 1,195, 1 month is GBP 1,550, 2 months is GBP 2,540 and 3 months is GBP 3,340. Please email for longer durations. This covers all programme costs, including all food (3 large, wholesome meals a day), clean drinking water at all times, lodging in town and in the field, project materials, boat transport to and from lodges, Puerto Maldonado airport collection and departure transfers, all training and supervision by project manager, WorkingAbroad Projects backup and placement support.
The airfare to Peru and the internal airfare/bus to Puerto Maldonado, travel/medical insurance and personal expenses are not included within this price. It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
above 18, fit and healthy with fairly good level of physical fitness. Has interest in environment/ecology/conservation and a sense of adventure.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Written Application