Wildtrax Explorations Header Image Wildtrax Explorations Header Image

Biodiversity Monitoring Volunteer: Great Serengeti Ecosystem

Tanzania Winter Break 2017

This trip taught me a wide set of skills and really allowed me to work in a new environment. Experiencing the culture of the people along with the animals there was not something I could have read about. The administration and locals were very knowledgeable and friendly. I really enjoyed the giraffe ID and how we were given some independence in practicing our research. It felt like the research we were providing was valuable. Many activities were optional and choosing to participate in everything offered to me made the trip even more interesting and beneficial.

An experience you will never forget!

I had been looking forward to this program my 4 years at the university. By chance I applied to go during the Winter 2017 program and I got accepted. I went into this journey with an open mind and heart, the country received that with open arms. Our program coordinator Dhaval and everyone we encountered along the way were salt of the earth people. They say that the people of Tanzania are the nicest individuals you'll ever come across and boy are they right. From our game drives in some of the biggest conservation areas in Africa to our visits to the local community areas we were about as immersed in to culture and rustic bush experience as you could get. I had never felt so welcome in a foreign country in my life. The program of Wildtrax is something I would recommend to all my peers and anyone that wants the real experience of Africa. It'll be a decision you'll never regret.

Tanzania 2017

This trip was the experience of a lifetime. I went into this not knowing much about Tanzania and now I can tell my friends, family, and strangers all about how wonderful it is. I learned so many interesting facts along the way and definitely expanded my knowledge on conservation.