Where There Be Dragons Header Image Where There Be Dragons Header Image

Bolivia: Identity and Development

Overall, just incredible.

The month I spent in Bolivia with Where There Be Dragons was meaningful, educational, eye-opening, and of course, fun! The small group setting created a family-like dynamic between us travelers, and our four instructors were caring, responsible, funny, and knowledgeable. The home-stay portion of the trip was by far my favorite, and my Spanish language skills improved immensely, as I was able to take what I learned in Spanish classes and apply it to real-life situations.

We participated in many structures lessons, from which I learned a lot. However, when I reflect on all the knowledge I acquired over the course of the month, I realize that I learned so much about Bolivia and its culture from truck-ride conversations, interactions with locals, observation and journaling, and experiences with my homestay family. The program was structured to provide students with a plethora of genuine moments of immersion to learn from, as well as formal lessons.

My homestay family was absolutely incredible, and I learned so much from my family's way of life.