Weekend Student Adventures Header Image Weekend Student Adventures Header Image

WSA Amsterdam Weekend

• The Adventure

Couldn't have experienced Amsterdam like we did without WSA.

Went to Amsterdam with WSA. Our tour was guided by Andy Steves. Showed up on Thursday, left Sunday morning. There is absolutely no way we could've experienced so much of Amsterdam in only a weekend without WSA. Highly recommend WSA to any study abroad students who only have 2-4 days to 'do' a city. The tour was perfect- your participation is totally up to you. Just the right amount of free time to do your own thing, but also enough structure that you accomplish all you wanted to do in the city, from the Red Light District, to Anne Frank's House, to the Museums, etc etc. Andy's expertise was invaluable- he knew the answer to literally every question asked by a student. Would definitely do it again if given the chance. Great money value, as well.

Great weekend:)

I liked the planned itinerary; it was a perfect mix of cultural experience, tourist spots of interest and enjoyable activities. It also gave us plenty of free-time to choose what we wanted to do and ask our tour leader questions. I had a "wow" moment when our tour leader just skipped us pass the MASSIVE line to the Anne Frank House and the Van Gogh Gallery; I knew I had made the right decision about picking this tour company when we could get where we wanted fast.

• The Adventure

So many new friends and experiences!

I really enjoy the itinerary that was planned. I constantly felt like I was seeing new parts of the city and was always being surprised. I loved that I got a feel for the entire city and not just one aspect. I was able to really experience the culture based off of the places we went to eat and the location of our hostel. Wow moments were: "Red light district / peep show: very surprised by the entire life style and way that the people handle situations in Amsterdam. It opened my eyes to not immediately judge other cultures.

Bikes: I fell in love with the city mainly because of the bikes. I loved how the bikes lined the canals and most people used this as their main form of transportation.

Pancake house: delicious, thank you for the thai recommendation.

Stroopwaffles: can't eat enough

Crepe place: Actually changed my life"

I wasn't worried about traveling alone but I wasn't sure what my experience would be like. I am beyond happy that I did this tour by myself, I made so many new friends and had a wonderful experience.

Life Changing Experience

The itinerary was well-planned and spaced out well. I liked that there was free time to explore more of what we might be individually interested in, but that there were also optional planned activities during that time. The exposure to Dutch culture was definitely there,especially on the walking tour of the city and the Red Light District. The Anne Frank House was definitely the most moving part of the weekend. Studying something like that whole story is entirely different from experiencing (you know what I mean) where it took place and having the people become real. The only thing I'd maybe change about that would be putting it on the second day, because it's kind of a heavy thing to go through with people you're just meeting. Other than that, I'm so glad that was part of the tour. Thank you so much! This completely changed my semester abroad in so many ways, and I recommend to everyone I talk to. Best of luck!

I love WSA!

I was amazed at how much there was to do in Amsterdam. I thought the tour represented the city and culture wonderfully by being in a "laid back" do as you want nature. I also liked that even during "free time" there were optional planned activities that were still really neat to experience. My wow moments were going through the Anne Frank House and Sunday afternoon after the tour. I am a huge Anne Frank fan and was having an inner freak out moment that I was actually touring the Secret Annex. Then it was just neat on the Sunday afternoon as it just so happened to be the celebration/parade for the Dutch Santa coming into Amsterdam. It was awesome to join in the festivities and see another country celebrate on of their annual customs.

Go WSA!

I was very happy with the itinerary because I got to see good museums and see the culture of the city, and I also got to try traditional Dutch food. I also enjoyed that we were taken around a lot of different parts of the city so we could learn how to get around. "Wow" moments included the van gogh museum, my humongous pancake lunch (actually, every meal), experiencing and learning about the red light district, and seeing the I amsterdam sign. Go WSA!

Awesome Experience

It was great! I loved seeing the city's "hot spots" and also having free time to explore and do whatever. I liked that there was no "strict itinerary"; like having to be up at 8 am and following very strict tour rules! Culture and destination were experienced awesomely :D Andy was very informative, helpful, and laid-back so the group was comfortable, entertained, and not rushed/stressed. Red Light District was my Wow monent! And very attractive Dutch people :P the scenery was also gorgeous.

WSA Amsterdam Trip

I thought it was awesome. I really felt like I got to experience all of Amsterdam and get to know the city. I had a great time this weekend. you did an awesome job, and I wish I could come on another tour =] Good luck!

• The Adventure

Loved everything about the Amsterdam trip!

I loved everything about the Amsterdam trip! The tour of the Red Light District was great, cutting the line to the Anne Frank house was completely worth it, and I ate more delicious food than I ever thought I would in three days. The Pancake Bakery is my new favorite restaurant in the whole world! The Van Gogh museum was a completely "awe" inspiring place. It was amazing to see some of his most famous art in real life instead of just in books or online. Additionally, I never, ever realized how amazing apple pie could be until I had the best of my life in Amsterdam!

Love Amsterdam

The itinerary was great. It allowed for enough time to explore and appreciate Amsterdam but still kept us moving. It was a great mixture of museums, eating, and partying. I feel like I have seen almost all of Amsterdam and what it has to offer, so I am very pleased with the schedule. You may want to have a suggestion on estimated daily money allowance for every tour (like you have for Dublin). So glad I found this program!

Totalyl and utterly enjoyable!

The itinerary was great. We saw so much of the city but weren't too worn out to enjoy it. A lot was involved in the price so there weren't any surprises. Totally and utterly enjoyable!

Great Tour

I really liked it. I think the walking tours were really nice to get a sense of the history of the city and its culture and there was plenty of free time to go off and explore. I liked the diamond demonstration because it is something that I wouldn't have otherwise done. I thought the tour of the Red Light District was fascinating. Seeing an aspect of their culture that is so forbidden within our own and witnessing the lack of shame that everyone had with the situation was really interesting.