WebDev Foundation Header Image WebDev Foundation Header Image

Volunteer to Develop Underpriviledged Children in Cameroon

From spain to cameroon, feeling like at home

I decided to travel to cameroon because I looked like a rare destination. I met Webdev online and immediately caught my attention because the work they do is spectacular. Always they have a positive outlook and the people there are very hospitable so, in less than 24 hours I felt at home.
The team is very professional and everything is balanced , they teach you many things and you teach them too.
The children with whom you work have the most beautiful smile in the world and always offer what little they have.
It's fun to see how curiosity makes they approach to you and want tell you about what things they learn in school and the same time they want listen how your life is in your home country.
Webdev brings future opportunities and to get everyone's help further their goals , because those kids deserve to keep smiling and live in the world just as do the children in my country.
In a few weeks I will go back to the WebDev NGO , so you can imagine all the important things I bring me this experience ...

Once in a lifetime...

WebDev Foundation was able to provide me with the experience and adventure that I was looking for. I decided to take on an internship between my junior and senior year of college. I found WebDev online and connected immediately with the founder, Clotaire. We kept in contact before my arrival and I was able to be prepared for my arrival. It was my first time in Africa as well as developing nation. It was tough to get used to but the conversations I had with Clotaire, and all the others involved in the program, I felt much more comfortable.

I learned a lot about how programs run and how to administer successful trainings in Cameroon through WebDev. The education programs were fit to the environment and we all learned how to be creative with what we have. The children were so eager to learn and be a part of the program so it was really nice to see that WebDev was making a difference and that I could be a part of it.

• WebDev Foundation responded to this review October 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM

It was such a good experience receiving Timothy here for our program, not just because he volunteer for us, but because he failed in love with what we were doing and give his ok to help us as an advisor and critical thinker. What he has provided us since he went back is more than what we could imagine to receive. It is just amazing what he is doing for WebDev today and also what he is about to do to support and help projects development in Africa.