VU University Amsterdam Header Image VU University Amsterdam Header Image

Amsterdam Summer School

Great experience :)

This program was amazing - from the beginning I received a warm welcome making me feel at home, and by the end I was heartbroken to say goodbye to so many friends from all over the world (France, Poland, Denmark, Pakistan, Indonesia, Bhutan, and more..). The Discovering the Dutch course I took was taught by a lovely Dutch woman who was really invested in our growth - and learning a new language is not easy! Lessons outside of the classroom included a trip to the Rijksmuseum , where soon after I fell in love with the city.

Amsterdam summer school review

My stay in Amsterdam will definitely be a memorable one thanks to the summer school program! I found out about it at my home university and wanted to go as an opportunity not only to experience a new teaching environment but also to immerse myself into another culture and see more of the world - and these are all goals I was able to achieve during my short time here! The university staff were so incredibly helpful and organised my housing as well. I stayed on the university campus where the social life was amazing. While I had my own huge room with an attached bathroom all to myself, there was also a lounge room where students can go to chill and hangout. I made so many new friends who I know I'll keep in touch with over the next few years as they all love travelling just as much as I do! Amsterdam is also an amazing place to meet new people and have something new to see every day. Not only did I have such a great travel opportunity but I was able to learn so much in such a short amount of time thanks to the incredible lecturers and their fun way of delivering classes. Teaching was interactive and practical, we didn't even feel like we were in class! Definitely a life changing experience. I would recommend this to everyone, you'll learn so much about yourself and meet so many amazing people!

Study abroad at VU

VU is a fantastic summer school to be a part of. They offer a lot of new and diverse classes that really open up your mind. They offer housing that is really accommodating and close to school. The professors are all dedicated to teaching new thoughts and helping students understand new things. The classes are 2 weeks long but it is not rushed or crammed so you really learn a lot. Highly recommend!

Another great time on VU Amsterdam

I went this year (2015) on a summer course (Decolonizing Europe) on VU Amsterdam and it was a great experience, again, since I did another summer course on the last year. The organization of the university is almost perfect, people are very nice and the academics really know the subjects which they talk about. Besides the university, the city itself is gorgeous, with tons of things to do, places to go and people to meet. I don't think that it is possible to get bored in Amsterdam. I hope to come back one day.

Learn in One of the Best Cities in the World

Amsterdam is a beautiful city rich in history and the Amsterdam Summer School at VU University is the best program for study in Amsterdam. The staff at the Amsterdam Summer School always put the interests of the students first. There were plenty of fun events and excursions that provided the opportunity to meet new people or get to know your classmates and professors better. The courses were a lot of fun. Decolonizing Europe gave us the opportunity to learn outside the classroom through trips to the various museums. The Dutch language and culture course was interactive and engaging. Our accommodations were also very comfortable. Overall a perfect experience!

A Worthwhile experience- Knowledge, Fun, Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!

Amsterdam Summer School is an exceptional opportunity to immerse yourself in a richly stimulating environment and develop the practical skills to critically assess the field of study you are interested in. The tutors were brilliant and helped make the experience extremely fruitful. The cultural diversity that the program has to offer, helps broaden your perspective and also make friends from around the globe. Overall, it was brilliant. Anyone reading this, trust me if a course of your interest is being offered by Amsterdam Summer School do not miss it.

The Best Summer of Your Life is Here!

Going abroad is a life-changing experience. Being able to link this with the opportunity of enhancing your knowledge in one of the most beautiful settings and with the best experts in the field you want to study is really priceless.

The experience of spending the Summer in Amsterdam is unique. The weather, the architecture, the people, the social events, etc. Everything is great! Along with that, the cultural exchange that exists in an international student setting is of a great value, considering that different points of view gives us different approaches on old problems that we could be stuck for a long time.

I can surely recommend Amsterdam Summer School to anyone that wants to grow personnaly and intelectually. If you were in doubt, right now your problem is solved!

New perspectives of Amstersam

I took Global Health course at VU. Through the course we took a tour of the Red Light District through the lens of public health issues. Our tour guide was an ex-drug addict, which gave us some really neat insights of the area. The teachers were so open, friendly, and resourceful. I learned a lot and made really great friends. Also the summer school office coordinated wonderful excursions through which I was able to learn more about the city, culture, and history of Amsterdam. My favorite were the Hauge and Maritime Museum excursions.

VU summer 2016

Program exceeded all my expectations
And the staff was very pleasant! Over the atmosphere of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Is very relaxed and beautiful! So much to see and do! You should certainly consider this program if you would like to have an experience you won't forget.

Summer 2016!

This program exceeded all my expectations! Being in the center of Europe, I feel as though I am immersed and surrounded by history! Also, there is
People from all over the world in this program and I feel like I've learned so much about different cultures and people. I'm so grateful I was able to come onto and participate in the program!