White Lion Volunteer Project - A Life Changing Experience
5-8 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
Every Tuesday, we meet all of our volunteers personally at Eastgate Airport or the local shuttle/bus station. Then, we return you safely at the end of your visit. Transfers on a day other than a Tuesday will incur an additional fee.
No specific qualifications are required, but we look at the following points for candidate suitability:
• Interest/field of study: conservation, environmental science, wildlife management, ecology or wildlife biology, wildlife journalism, wildlife photography, veterinary science, animal behavior studies, animal communication, cultural/community development, or fields related to the aforementioned.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Self-Sufficiency: as a member of the research team the volunteer/intern is expected to prepare meals and is responsible for his/her own “house-keeping”.
• Self-motivated: although a structured program is provided for the week, volunteers need to be independent and mature enough to personally utilize any free time.
Cost in US$:
420USD /week • 25% deposit to secure a placement (non-refundable) • Full payment must be made before arrival to WLT • Cancellation Policy: unless due to valid medical or compassionate reasons no refunds will be granted.
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Animal Welfare
18 - 55
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Guest House
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of 7
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is