Volunteers For Peace Header Image Volunteers For Peace Header Image

Community Development Volunteer Projects in Nepal

painting a school

VFP made the travel and volunteer process very simple and it was very easy to communicate with them when additional information was needed. They worked with an agency in Nepal called VIN (Volunteers in Nepal) which was also excellent. Our host family made the experience really incredible. They were kind and very concerned for our safety and well-being.
My partner and I remain in contact with our hosts and VIN through Facebook and have made life-long friends. Through VIN we were also able to feel involved and contributed to the reparations after the massive earthquake last year.
I would recommend Volunteers for Peace to anyone.

Women's Empowerment in Nepal

My experience in Nepal was unforgettable. I stayed with a host family, which was one of my favorite parts of the experience. They taught me so much about Nepali culture and I will always remember them as my Nepali family. The project pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to think critically about gender issues, poverty, and development. It changed my view of the world. Nepal is a great place to travel because of its beautiful and rich culture and friendly people.