Work with Romani Community in Albania!
1-2 Week, 2-4 Week
Volunteers at the Community Center are needed in the following areas:
1-Teaching English to Romani children. The volunteer to this program must be a native speaker of English. He/she will offer instruction in English by developing the 4 basic skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
2-Office administration. The volunteer who will work as office administrator must create and elaborate new projects for the center as well as contact other organizations or business institutions in order to raise funds for the projects.
3-Social Director. The volunteer will work in the center, creating new activities and games for the children.
4-Women's health program. The center is seeking a female physician to volunteer as counselor in their health program for women.
Program Fees Include:
* Application processing
* Airport transfer (Arrival & Departure)
* One day orientation upon arrival
* Albanian language instruction
* Volunteer project placement
* Excursions and visits to other cities
* Out-town transportation during the visits to other cities
* Homestay where applicable
* Half board, (breakfast and dinner in homestay)
* Entrance to the museums and other historical places
* In country staff support
- Small Business Development
Anyone 18 or older may apply, except US citizens who must be 19. Skilled and unskilled volunteers are welcome. You must be healthy and fit enough to adapt to living and working where conditions may be strenuous and where accommodations are basic. If you are applying to work with minors or others with special needs, professional certifications and/or background record checks may also be required.
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview