Life Changing Community Service Projects in Argentina!
While specialized training is not usually required for VIP, we look for many qualities that make a successful volunteer: maturity, flexibility, common sense, enthusiasm, reliability, and sensitivity. Your host community will benefit most from your sincere commitment and open-minded curiosity about local culture and individual lives. At your host project, your success will depend on teamwork, creative problem solving, patience and openness to other points of view. Your co-workers will expect you to be a dependable, resourceful, motivated contributor who works well with others. Your contributions will be much appreciated, even as you learn further from the skills and life experience of your new family. As you listen and adapt to circumstances, your friendships with local people will grow. They will welcome you and the goodwill you bring.
Some specific qualifications usually apply:
- The minimum age is 18
- You must be healthy and fit enough to adapt to living and working where host project conditions may be strenuous
- If you are applying to work with minors or others with special needs, professional certifications and/or background record checks may also be required
- Basic conversational knowledge of Spanish is required Skilled and unskilled volunteers are welcome. For beginning Spanish speakers 60 hours of language training will be provided during the first month of the 3 month program
Program Fees Include:
Included in the fees: Food, housing, in-country orientation and training, in-country staff support, language instruction, registration fees, travel while in country and pre-departure orientation materials. Also included are airport transfers, travel to host family and to work site, project implementation, program evaluation, support of the National Office and Local coordinator throughout the program. Cost does not include international travel or health and accident insurance.
- Building & Construction Projects
- Social Work
- Tree Planting
Committed to volunteer work, interested in learning about the people and culture of Argentina, open, flexible and able to relate well to the community.
18 and older, except US citizens 21 and older
Typically Participants Work
Scholarships are Available
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network