La Ventanilla Eco-Tourism Project in Oaxaca
2-4 Week, 3-6 Month
While specialized training is not usually required for VIP, we look for many qualities that make a successful volunteer: maturity, flexibility, common sense, enthusiasm, reliability, and sensitivity. Your host community will benefit most from your sincere commitment and open-minded curiosity about local culture and individual lives. For projects in Mexico, some knowledge of Spanish is helpful. We offer optional Spanish language instruction for an additional fee.
Program Fees Include:
* Airport pick up (weekdays, between 7am and 9pm): It is strongly recommended to have participants arriving in Mexico City the last Thursday of every month.
* Two nights of accommodation in a hotel in Mexico City (depending on the project). Night buses leave around 10pm, so you may wish to hold your room until late the second night at your own expense.
* Meals during the stay in Mexico City
* Welcome orientation to the program on arrival in Mexico City
* Mini tour of Mexico City
* Placement in volunteer project
* Accommodation and meals with a host family or in community facilities
* Donation or contribution to the project
* Support by a local representative for the duration of the project
* Transfer by bus from Mexico City to host community
* Visa extension fee, when applicable
* 24/7 emergency support
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- Marine Conservation
- Tree Planting
18-60; US citizens must be 19
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home