Immerse Yourself in Nepali Culture and Make a Difference
Nepal: Chitwan, Kathmandu
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week, 9-12 Week
While specialized training is not usually required for VIP, we look for many qualities that make a successful volunteer: maturity, flexibility, common sense, enthusiasm, reliability, and sensitivity. At your host project, your success will depend on teamwork, creative problem solving, patience and openness to other points of view. Your co-workers will expect you to be a dependable, resourceful, motivated contributor who works well with others.
Some specific qualifications usually apply:
* You must be healthy and fit enough to adapt to living and working where host project conditions may be strenuous
* If you are applying to work with minors or others with special needs, background record checks may also be required
* Volunteers interested in joining a health program must have proof of their qualifications and/or experience in the health sector
Program Fees Include:
Airport pick-up and transfer on arrival, language programme and cultural visits, costs of village home-stay week, transportation to project, home-stay accommodation and food for duration of the programme, in-country support while on project.
- English Teaching
- Social Work
Our volunteers are open, flexible, enthusiastic, interested in people and cultures, committed to community service and good team members.
18 and older, exept US citizens who must be 19
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Physical Exam/Health Records
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network