Ecological Work in Guatemala: Protect the Sea Turtles!
Guatemala: Antigua, Rural Areas
2-4 Week, 5-8 Week
This project can use volunteers with "soft" skills, not very technical/experts in nature. This will allow university students or "generalists" to participate in the projects.
Volunteers must be reasonably fit and be able to work under the sun.
Volunteers who are enthusiastic, willing to learn and listen and who are open to meeting new people are always welcome!
Cost in US$:
8 weeks: USD 1975, 12 weeks: USD 2300, 16 weeks: USD 2625
Program Fees Include:
* Application processing, interview and pre-departure information
* Accommodations with a host family with two meals per day
* Language training: 80 hours of individual Spanish classes in Santa Lucia Milpas Altas - 15 minutes from Antigua for a total immersion experience
* Participation in cultural activities
* On call support throughout the service
* Coordination with the host country organization of volunteer service
* Transportation to language school and volunteer project site
* Optional visits to archaeological and colonial sites (additional cost)
* Orientation to volunteer work
* Welcome at airport
- Animal Welfare
- Community Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Water Projects
Anyone 18 or older may apply, except US citizens who must be 19. Skilled and unskilled volunteers are welcome. You must be healthy and fit enough to adapt to living and working where conditions may be strenuous and where accommodations are basic. If you are applying to work with minors or others with special needs, professional certifications and/or background record checks may also be required.
18 to 65
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
Post Services Include
- Exit Debriefing Abroad
- Re-Entry Debriefing at Home