Volunteering With India Header Image Volunteering With India Header Image

Work With Elephants, Elephant Volunteer Work, Animal Conserv

Best volunteer abroad experience ever

Sukret and the team had everything planned out perfectly. As a solo traveler I didn't know what to expect but when I arrived they made sure I was taken care of for the full week. The host family was extremely welcoming and I really enjoyed our regular tuk-tuk driver, all of which made it possible to really enjoy time with the elephants who are just about the most amazing and personable creatures. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

It sounded too good to be missed!

I volunteered with VWI to experience a truly Indian environment and to help out the mahouts were we could. In a lovely location, offered at a good price and the website reviews helped in our decision. It sounded too good to be missed!

Govind was a fantastic helper during the week - he's well-spoken and welcoming showing us all we needed to know and open to answering any questions asked. Showed us life in Jaipur and took us kite flying which was great fun! Sukret was fantastic in communication before arrival and very helpful.

Clean, lovely family home offering delicious vegetarian Indian cuisine three times a day! They were a kind family.

We had a kind driver and efficient with time. He made us feel safe and bought us chai every morning when it was cold.

A warm welcome from Sukret waiting to pick us up, even on a late Sunday night! With a sign and a smile.

Definitely give it a go!

I decided to volunteer with VWI because I wanted to experience to live with an Indian family and work with elephants and to get a great experience.

Very friendly and welcoming pickup! A great way to start a trip.

Very welcoming and friendly staff, really nice and took us kite flying which was amazing. They answered all our questions.

Excellent accommodations! I love the food so much I could eat it forever! The family were lovely and friendly and helpful. Really nice and spacious bedroom.

We had a great driver and I felt very safe with him even though the roads were so crazy. He was a very nice man.

Definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life!

My first days in India were not perfect, there is a big difference in the life style here and in my country. But after a few days with the host family and working with the elephants I felt in love with India and its culture.

The host family is lovely, helpful and caring. They were just amazing. Especially to celebrate Diwali with them was a privilege for me. They made me and all of us feel like at home, bringing us closer to their life and traditions. Always with smiles on their faces and ready to help with everything. We had also a lot of going out together, dancing and talking.

It was also really nice that there were volunteers at this time with me. We spent great time together, I believe we will stay friends.

The elephant project is very interesting. I felt my help was meaningful for the mahouts and the elephants. I extremely enjoyed washing and feeding them. So lovely and intelligent animals. :) The project in totality is well organized, the working time is very good, we have enough free time, the transportation was only on time, the staff especially seem to help a lot with advices and we had lots of fun together. I hope that it was also a positive experience for them, too as it was for me.

And one big thank you to you Sukret and to the whole staff making up this amazing program. This is definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Thank you!

Incredibly Amazing!

I wanted to get a real experience working with elephants, staying in a traditional family guesthouse and getting real experience of Indian culture. VWI had very good reviews and sounded like an amazing experience.

Their arrival pick up service was really very good. Sukret was really welcoming and helpful and answered all our questions. It was amazing - always on time and very friendly. Even brought us tea when cold! So nice! The project staff were an amazing help, really friendly and welcoming. Kite flying was amazing on roof -- thank you! My homestay had a really clean and lovely room. A very welcoming family and amazing place to stay. Especially the views from the roof. Delicious food and loverly to meet all the family.

It was really an amazing week with such friendly and welcoming people, amazing food and incredible experiencing closely with such beautiful elephants. Thank you!!!

• Volunteering With India responded to this review November 25, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Thank you Ann for review to our program. You have done a great for the Elephants at the program site. We will be miss you that's sure!

Fantastic Experience

Doing a Volunteer work with elephants in Jaipur was a wonderful experience. First of all, thanks to our host family they take care us well. They not only shared incredible love but also very informative, patient and gave us plenty of options during our stay. At first on our day 1, I must admit I was rather timid around the elephants but after thirty minutes I felt like I had made some new best friends. During our stay my wife, some friends and I learned how to feed the elephants and establish a relationship. Soon, we were doing things I never imagined like bathing and feeding the elephants from close-up.

Doing a care work with elephants isn't just a fun experience but a true bonding experience between you and these wonderful, mysterious animals. Not only do you leave with a greater understanding of the species but an appreciation for mahouts efforts in creating a serene and humane habitat for the elephants. If you're going to India spend at least 1 weeks with them.

• Volunteering With India responded to this review October 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Thank you Thomas for review to our program. You have done a great for the Elephants at the program site. We will be miss you that's sure!

Amazing

I volunteered to work with the elephants in Jaipur for three weeks. What an amazing experience I had.
Feeding the elephants, bathing them, riding to a wedding party and generally spending time with the Mahouts, who do an amazing job with the ellies

I would have loved to have stayed longer.

Riding on the Tut Tut at 4.30 in the morning was quite an experience too, loved calling for Chai and snacks on way back to Guest house

Wedding parties

Some awesome sights and the people welcome you as their own

Fun packed three weeks

So glad I chose to do it. Miss everyone toooooooooooo much

Try it you will love it, its for all ages :-)

Enjoyable and rewarding

I had an enjoyable and rewarding experience with the elephants and children and enjoyed seeing the sights of Jaipur. I felt welcome and taken care of. I highly recommend volunteering with this company.

Very good transport service. Toto our tuk tuk driver was safe and punctual. Very good accommodations. The family was welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The food was tasty and plentiful, The internet connection could have been stronger. And we had very attentive project staff.

A very good experience

I worked 1 week in the Program. It was very impressive to be so close to the Elephants. Everything was well organized and exceeded my expectations. Also the accommodation and the host family was very nice. Hopefully I will find the time to go back again.

• Volunteering With India responded to this review November 06, 2015 at 3:03 AM

Thank you Michael for review to our program. You have done a great for the Elephants at the program site. We will be miss you that's sure!

Elephants and children

Project staff was good. A little more guidance and communication would be nice ahead of time. As some days were confusing. But overall, very friendly and welcoming.

Accommodation was really good, nice family, and helped us with our basic needs. There wasn't much variation in meals, but what we had was good. More variety would have been nice.

The transport service was really good! Totoram was so lovely and was never too late! The airport pick up service was a little bit late but otherwise fine.

I chose to volunteer with VWI mostly because the organization was the cheapest, and I liked what it had to offer.

Working with the children was a worthy cause to volunteer with. The organization does good work here. The elephant project was a very interesting experience, definitely worth doing. Thanks Sukret for your kindness!