Volunteering With India Header Image Volunteering With India Header Image

Work With Children/Street Children Program

Amazing!

Our time here has been amazing! I would do it again any day. Sweet kids and an exciting culture! A great experience!

Very Rewarding

We have had a very rewarding time with the children on the project. It has been a good experience to live with a local family and get to understand Indian life and culture better. We will definitely return to India and hopefully be able to work on the project again in the future.

An experience worth remembering

My experience volunteering in India with VWI has been the most powerful and most meaningful experience I have ever had! The pick-up service upon arrival was good. I arrived in Jaipur earlier that expected because incoming flight from Delhi left early, and even if I arrived earlier I only had to wait for ten minutes before my pick-up service came to get me. It was a joy to stay with my host family and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. My accommodations was fairly comfortable, the food was FAULTLESS! My host mother probably serves the best chaise and chapatis in the area! The transport service is very efficient and the staff at the project were nice and sympathetic.

I chose to volunteer with VWI for the reason that I wanted to help and volunteer with kids who are victims of abuse in India during the winter break. So I search for these types of volunteer programs in India and VWI is the best that I found. The flexibility and the variety of the projects offered are simply the best. It's a 10 out of 10! Thank you VWI!

• Volunteering With India responded to this review November 25, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Thank you Sara for review to our program. You have done a great for the children at the program site. We will be miss you that's sure!

We hope to see you back.

Thankful for an amazing experience!

I am so thankful for a volunteering week in India that has been so amazing. It is something that I could not have hoped for. It was fulfilling, colorful, and exciting! I took part in the street children project for a week where I taught English, Arts, Math, and played games with the kids who were once street children of Jaipur. I also was able to spend a day volunteering at the elephant project and made some big elephant sized chapati! Aside from volunteering, we also got to celebrate the holy day kite festival. The children made kites and ate sweets on the rooftops, visited the Krishna temple at night, ate Pani Puri, and Indian desserts. We also were able to celebrate an engagement and wedding party with the staff of VWI! When we were in Jaipur, we stayed with a homestead and had delicious meals as well as watched a lot of bollywood! Everything was well organized!

Jaipur is totally incredible, beautiful, and a city that is colorful to be immersed in. Outside of our homestead were flower markets and stalls with a rainbow array of sari's. This experience has been my first teaching volunteer post and although it was intimidating, I felt I had a lot of support and had a great time! I would definitely love to return someday!

• Volunteering With India responded to this review November 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Thank you Alex for review to our program. You have done a great for the children at the program site. We will be miss you that's sure!

We hope to see you back.