Amazing Summer Volunteer Program in Surin - Thailand

A memorable summer spent in Thailand with Volunteering Solutions

I still remember every moment of my gap year abroad last summer. I volunteered in Surin through Volunteering Solutions and it was by far the best summer i had travel abroad. To be frank, i was a bit apprehensive at first, as it was my first volunteer abroad experience, but while searching for the placement agencies i can go through, i came across Volunteering Solutions’ website and it ticked all the areas which i was looking for. And as promised by what was said on their website, the entire journey was so much fun and full of experiences. Be it working with the elephants (that was a great memorable experience) or the time spent at the gorgeous Thai beaches. What stood out for me was that the organization provided a very safe and friendly environment for all the volunteers, as many were traveling alone; just like me.

I can never forget the time spent in Thailand and would like to thank Volunteering Solutions for providing so many memories.

View detailed rating

Thailand Summer trip is one of the best experience of my life

I enjoyed every bit of my trip from Bangkok sightseeing to working with kids at the orphanage, taking Elephants for a walk and bathing in Surin, everything was so amazing, I love the kids and like to volunteer again for the Elephant project as no time is enough with those baby elephants.

I stayed with a huge group of volunteers from different countries and get a chance to learn about their culture, games and lots of interesting things. This trip gives me almost 20 friends for life including volunteers, our coordinators, cook, mahouts, everyone is very caring and helpful there and I promise that I will revisit them soon.

My Surin trip with elephants

I did hours of research to find the perfect program for volunteering and decided to go with volunteering solutions. I chose their 3 weeks special summer program in Surin.

I was a little scared about this program at first because I had never met anyone with whom i was going to travel. I went with my best friend.

We landed at Bangkok then moved to Surin, where other volunteers joined us. I enjoyed working with elephants, bathed them, feed them. We also got the chance to experience Buddhist Lent in Surin.

On a free weekend, many members of our group traveled to Angkor Wat Temples in Cambodia. We trekked through Khao Yai National Park where we saw exotic wildlife.

The trip was very well organized and I felt safe at all times.

Summer in Thailand

I joined the summer special volunteer program in Surin through Volunteering Solutions. I was in Surin for three weeks and enjoyed every moment. I can’t mention one best part about my trip as there were so many. The time i spent with the cute little kids was so special, i miss them even today. The placement was really comfortable and our coordinator was very supportive. I felt really safe and enjoyed my trip completely.

Volunteering Work With Elephants in Surin, Thailand

I enjoyed my Volunteering trip to Surin, Thailand.
The pre-departure booklet was excellent. All my queries regarded to program, location and cost were answered.

I chose elephant care project in Surin and I got memorable experience on this project. I learnt to interact with the elephants, washing and feeding them, making elephant dung paper and exploring the local community.

Food and accommodation was so good. Very welcoming staff, I would love to return in the future.

WYSE Work Abroad