Volunteering Solutions Header Image Volunteering Solutions Header Image

Affordable Volunteer Abroad Programs | Starting USD200 only!

I loved my project in Philippines

Meeting and working with all of the wonderful children and many
volunteers from around the world, being able to apply my knowledge, gain experience in the nutrition field and pushing my limits and experiencing something new, were the highlight of my trip.
This experience was so rewarding and opened my eyes to the world around me. The opportunity has given me a new perspective and I felt like I was able to truly make a difference in the lives of those I worked with.
The house was clean and spacious, and in a good neighborhood. The food was alright. The staff was very friendly and supportive. They made the program easier and smooth.

I would recommend VolSol to anyone i know is willing to volunteer
abroad; mostly because of the variety of programs.

Good time in the Philippines

We attend Tugop Elementary School from 8:00 am to 12:00. It's only 4 hours. Students are very nice! Very different from the ones we have in Mexico. They are very attentive. They enjoy the activities we do with them and they always do their homework! I couldn't believe when 5th grade said they wanted to stay in class rather than go out for break time! We assign different activities such as verb dictations, tongue twisters, storytelling, exercises on the board, writings, readings, memory games in teams. They always receive us with enthusiasm.

Last Wednesday we had a school event. The principal invited us to participate and meet students' parents and school supervisors. They let us sing and play guitars and the harmonica in front of them. It was really nice being there and hang out. We shared our similarities and our differences. We talked about food, traditions, and the words we have in common.

Going to Tugop is a nice trip. We walk through clean fresh air. There is no traffic, only palm trees, grass, hills and gentle people who we can totally trust. Waking up early isn't difficult here as the sun rises at 5:00 am!

Our host family is also kind! They really treat us as family members. This last Sunday they took us to a resort called Cold Spring. We went with all the family! Kids are very friendly and they always call us kuya (big brothers) it was nice to spend some time with the family! We laugh a lot!

We really want to volunteer again next year. We would like to stay longer but due to our jobs schedules in winkMexico, we can't stay more than two weeks. However, my brother and I are planning to come back. We love Philippines! In fact, we're learning the language! We bought an English-Tagalog dictionary here in a local store.

Thanks "Volunteering Solutions" for all your support !

WYSE Work Abroad