VSA has been providing services in Vanuatu since 1965. They host volunteers in five of the six provinces in the country. They help improve waste management, develop rural vocational education, and strengthen economic development with Agriculture and Tourism.
Cyclone Pam, a category five storm, struck Vanuatu on March 13, 2015. VSA works with their partners and host communities in helping with recovery efforts. Current volunteers focus on supporting the government, helping businesses get operational again, and rebuilding infrastructure.
1. Take part in basic language training and learn Bislama.
2. Gain a deep understanding of local customs.
3. Live in a basic, furnished accommodation, complete with gas facilities for cooking.
4. Have access to 24-hour power, town water supply, telephones, restaurants, Internet, public transport systems, a good variety of shops and a wider community of expatriates.
5. Get thorough security briefing to prepare you for your stay in the country.