Volunteer for the Visayans Header Image Volunteer for the Visayans Header Image

Volunteer Abroad at a Community Center in the Philippines

French cooking class at the community center!

My time at the community center allowed me to lead a French Cuisine cooking class with teenage girls, tutor one student and participate in the child sponsorship program. I also helped organize basketball tournaments. So much in just one program!

Best time of my life!

Volunteering in the Philippines with VFV was an amazing experience and I couldn't ask for anything more! Even though it was a short experience, I am walking away with new life skills, a ton of new friends, and a complete love of this island nation!

NGO Internship

Last year I participate in VFV by acting as an NGO Intern, working very closely with the director to manage the construction of a community center in a rural village. As a returning volunteer, I found it incredibly rewarding to get more deeply involved in the inner-workings of the organization. The Director, Ate Wimwim, was very good at explaining how the organization works, to the public eye as well as the nitty-gritty stuff like financials. I was challenged by some of my daily tasks, but well supported through it all and always given time to adjust to any "learning curve". The experience interning with VFV has given me is priceless. It taught me exactly what it is like to work for an NGO and the day-to-day functions that are often overlooked, yet extremely important for the organization. I would recommend interning with an NGO for anyone hoping to run their own nonprofit some day or even for those who are interested in working in the Charity sector.